Cops seize drug runners’ criminal loot while they’re inside
DRUG-runners have had their criminal assets stripped by the police today while serving their first week behind bars after being caught with �160,000 of heroin in a McDonald’s car park. Undercover cops spotted Muhit Rahman and Syed Hussain in an Audi exchanging the drugs and �43,000 cash in London’s East End
BUSTED drug-runners have had their criminal assets stripped by cops while serving their first week behind bars after being caught with �160,000 of heroin in a McDonald’s car park.
Undercover cops spotted 22-year-old Muhit Rahman (pictured left) and 26-year-old Syed Hussain in an Audi exchanging the drugs for �43,000 cash in the car-park of the fast food takeaway by the Bow Flyover on the A11 in London’s East End on February 13.
Both Rahman, from nearby Whitechapel, and Hussain, from Luton, Beds, were jailed for five years at Snaresbrook crown court on May 1 after admitting at an earlier hearing to possessing heroin with intent to supply.
You may also want to watch:
But they learned today (Thursday) that their criminal loot had been swiped by the Met Police with a court order.
“This has seriously disrupted a major criminal network,” said Det Ins Colin Stephenson.
- 1 Police officer sacked after criminal conviction
- 2 Man who stabbed teen at Crossharbour station found guilty of murder
- 3 Man in 30s dies after Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 4 Police patrols to increase after fatal Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 5 Concern growing for man last seen at Bow Road station
- 6 Sadiq Khan warns of flood threat in east London from climate emergency
- 7 Things to do: Explore east London this weekend
- 8 Teenager suffers 'life-changing' injuries after alleged attack in Shadwell
- 9 Covid-19 cases monthly fall at Barts Trust hospitals
- 10 Sentencing of arms dealers set for one year after Isle of Dogs raid
“This conviction is a deterrent to anyone involved in distributing class A drugs—we will arrest and disrupt those criminal networks targeting East London.”
Undercover cops from Scotland Yard’s Specialist Crime Central Task Force arrested the two following a proactive operation when they seized 2.5kg of heroin and the cash from the car.