Cops seize drug runners’ criminal loot while they’re inside
DRUG-runners have had their criminal assets stripped by the police today while serving their first week behind bars after being caught with �160,000 of heroin in a McDonald’s car park. Undercover cops spotted Muhit Rahman and Syed Hussain in an Audi exchanging the drugs and �43,000 cash in London’s East End
BUSTED drug-runners have had their criminal assets stripped by cops while serving their first week behind bars after being caught with �160,000 of heroin in a McDonald’s car park.
Undercover cops spotted 22-year-old Muhit Rahman (pictured left) and 26-year-old Syed Hussain in an Audi exchanging the drugs for �43,000 cash in the car-park of the fast food takeaway by the Bow Flyover on the A11 in London’s East End on February 13.
Both Rahman, from nearby Whitechapel, and Hussain, from Luton, Beds, were jailed for five years at Snaresbrook crown court on May 1 after admitting at an earlier hearing to possessing heroin with intent to supply.
But they learned today (Thursday) that their criminal loot had been swiped by the Met Police with a court order.
“This has seriously disrupted a major criminal network,” said Det Ins Colin Stephenson.
- 1 East London boroughs lag behind rest of country for Covid booster uptake
- 2 Jailed: Man who robbed and blackmailed men he met on Grindr
- 3 Ranjith Kankanamalage death: Man charged with murder
- 4 Councillor says he 'hopes to lose' next election
- 5 Gun found in car as Met makes 130 arrests during drugs op
- 6 Travel disruptions: Hackney, Islington, Tower Hamlets, Newham
- 7 Jailed: Rapist who repeatedly attacked woman in her own home
- 8 Lib Dem candidate for Tower Hamlets mayor announced
- 9 Olympian burglary: Men with links to Plaistow and Isle of Dogs wanted
- 10 Patients with Covid in east London hospitals fall after rising for weeks
“This conviction is a deterrent to anyone involved in distributing class A drugs—we will arrest and disrupt those criminal networks targeting East London.”
Undercover cops from Scotland Yard’s Specialist Crime Central Task Force arrested the two following a proactive operation when they seized 2.5kg of heroin and the cash from the car.