Cops seize drug runners’ criminal loot while they’re inside
DRUG-runners have had their criminal assets stripped by the police today while serving their first week behind bars after being caught with �160,000 of heroin in a McDonald’s car park. Undercover cops spotted Muhit Rahman and Syed Hussain in an Audi exchanging the drugs and �43,000 cash in London’s East End
BUSTED drug-runners have had their criminal assets stripped by cops while serving their first week behind bars after being caught with �160,000 of heroin in a McDonald’s car park.
Undercover cops spotted 22-year-old Muhit Rahman (pictured left) and 26-year-old Syed Hussain in an Audi exchanging the drugs for �43,000 cash in the car-park of the fast food takeaway by the Bow Flyover on the A11 in London’s East End on February 13.
Both Rahman, from nearby Whitechapel, and Hussain, from Luton, Beds, were jailed for five years at Snaresbrook crown court on May 1 after admitting at an earlier hearing to possessing heroin with intent to supply.
You may also want to watch:
But they learned today (Thursday) that their criminal loot had been swiped by the Met Police with a court order.
“This has seriously disrupted a major criminal network,” said Det Ins Colin Stephenson.
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 3 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 4 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 5 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 6 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 7 'We need laptops for lockdown children to learn from home’ Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 8 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 9 Surplus DLR land released at Bow for new housing to tackle homes shortage
- 10 Have you seen this 52-year-old man missing from Ilford?
“This conviction is a deterrent to anyone involved in distributing class A drugs—we will arrest and disrupt those criminal networks targeting East London.”
Undercover cops from Scotland Yard’s Specialist Crime Central Task Force arrested the two following a proactive operation when they seized 2.5kg of heroin and the cash from the car.