Cops seize guns and drugs in dawn raids on 12 premises
POLICE have carried out raids across East London to bust a network of gun-running and hard drugs selling. Officers from Scotland Yard’s Specialist Crime Directorate carried out the dawn operation following weeks of surveillance and arrested 14 people
POLICE have carried out raids across East London and part of Essex to bust a network of gun-running and hard drugs selling.
Officers from Scotland Yard’s Specialist Crime Directorate carried out the dawn operation with the Met’s Waltham Forest division and Essex police, following weeks of surveillance.
They arrested 14 people after searching 12 premises in Chingford and Epping from 6am who remain in custody at East London police stations this afternoon.
Waltham Forest borough police Commander Mark Benbow said: “The activities of gangs responsible for buying and selling hard drugs relied on weapons. It was essential to arrest those believed to be involved.
“Today’s raids will have a significant impact on the supply of Class A drugs and act as a warning to anyone attempting to live outside of the law.”
- 1 Whitechapel dessert shop fined over £5,000 for dumping waste
- 2 Update: Woman, 56, missing in Tower Hamlets found
- 3 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 4 Girl, 17, held on suspicion of terrorism offences after east London arrest
- 5 Two teenagers charged after 12 phones nicked in stealing spree
- 6 Cyclist in 'critical but stable' condition after Whitechapel lorry crash
- 7 Section 60 in place across Tower Hamlets after Stepney stabbing
- 8 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 9 Cyclist in hospital after lorry collision in Whitechapel
- 10 Jailed: 9 east London offenders put behind bars in April
Quantities of firearms, cash, drug-related paraphernalia and stolen property were seized in the operation designed to clamp down on violence and drug running in East London.