Cops seize guns and drugs in dawn raids on 12 premises
POLICE have carried out raids across East London to bust a network of gun-running and hard drugs selling. Officers from Scotland Yard’s Specialist Crime Directorate carried out the dawn operation following weeks of surveillance and arrested 14 people
POLICE have carried out raids across East London and part of Essex to bust a network of gun-running and hard drugs selling.
Officers from Scotland Yard’s Specialist Crime Directorate carried out the dawn operation with the Met’s Waltham Forest division and Essex police, following weeks of surveillance.
They arrested 14 people after searching 12 premises in Chingford and Epping from 6am who remain in custody at East London police stations this afternoon.
You may also want to watch:
Waltham Forest borough police Commander Mark Benbow said: “The activities of gangs responsible for buying and selling hard drugs relied on weapons. It was essential to arrest those believed to be involved.
“Today’s raids will have a significant impact on the supply of Class A drugs and act as a warning to anyone attempting to live outside of the law.”
- 1 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 2 Building new tower block starts on Limehouse Triangle 'wildlife site'
- 3 Luxury Canary Wharf flats going for lower rent set by the council
- 4 Study asks: why are canals and rivers a watery lifeline during pandemic?
- 5 Capacity at West Ham's London stadium to increase to 62,500
- 6 Mapped: Possession of weapons across east London
- 7 Isle of Dogs man who murdered teenager at Crossharbour DLR sentenced to 27 years
- 8 Report reveals scale of support offered by council during Covid crisis
- 9 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 10 Fines totalling £361k handed to East End landlords and agents
Quantities of firearms, cash, drug-related paraphernalia and stolen property were seized in the operation designed to clamp down on violence and drug running in East London.