Cops seize guns and drugs in dawn raids on 12 premises
POLICE have carried out raids across East London to bust a network of gun-running and hard drugs selling. Officers from Scotland Yard’s Specialist Crime Directorate carried out the dawn operation following weeks of surveillance and arrested 14 people
POLICE have carried out raids across East London and part of Essex to bust a network of gun-running and hard drugs selling.
Officers from Scotland Yard’s Specialist Crime Directorate carried out the dawn operation with the Met’s Waltham Forest division and Essex police, following weeks of surveillance.
They arrested 14 people after searching 12 premises in Chingford and Epping from 6am who remain in custody at East London police stations this afternoon.
You may also want to watch:
Waltham Forest borough police Commander Mark Benbow said: “The activities of gangs responsible for buying and selling hard drugs relied on weapons. It was essential to arrest those believed to be involved.
“Today’s raids will have a significant impact on the supply of Class A drugs and act as a warning to anyone attempting to live outside of the law.”
- 1 Tower Hamlets votes to keep directly-elected mayoral post
- 2 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA seat and referendums
- 3 Early front-runners for Leyton Orient managerial vacancy
- 4 Blaze at Canary Wharf tower block with cladding issue
- 5 Racist vandalism keyed on cars parked in street on Isle of Dogs
- 6 Leyton Orient defender Josh Coulson set to depart
- 7 'I'm backing leader and cabinet model in Tower Hamlets referendum'
- 8 Mum praises 'amazing' NHS staff who saved 'precious' tot's life
- 9 Teenager arrested after 13-year-old stabbed in Isle of Dogs
- 10 Mayor or leader: Your choice on May 6
Quantities of firearms, cash, drug-related paraphernalia and stolen property were seized in the operation designed to clamp down on violence and drug running in East London.