Cops tour East End gay bars to offer safety advice
POLICE will be touring gay bars and clubs to offer advice about travelling home safely late at night. Cops will be at the White Swan and Chariots Sauna in Commercial Road on Friday night and at the Joiners Arms in Hackney Road, Bethnal Green and The Backs
POLICE will be touring gay bars and clubs to offer advice about travelling home safely late at night.
Cops will be at the White Swan and Chariots Sauna in Commercial Road on Friday night and at the Joiners Arms in Hackney Road, Bethnal Green and The Backstreet in Wentworth Mews, Mile End on Saturday to give advice about safe travel, crime prevention and to encourage members of the gay community to report crime and incidents of homophobia.
There will also be information available on becoming a special constable.
Sgt Paul Mason, leading the initiative, said: "This is an excellent opportunity to engage with the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender community.
You may also want to watch:
"Our aims are to ensure a safe journey for revellers after a night out. We hope that whilst we are giving safety advice we can engage with the community and provide reassurance and maybe persuade people to become a special constable.
- 1 Luxury Canary Wharf flats going for lower rent set by the council
- 2 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 3 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 4 Fines totalling £361k handed to East End landlords and agents
- 5 Building new tower block starts on Limehouse Triangle 'wildlife site'
- 6 Capacity at West Ham's London stadium to increase to 62,500
- 7 Isle of Dogs man who murdered teenager at Crossharbour DLR sentenced to 27 years
- 8 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 9 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 10 Man charged after triple stabbing on night bus in Mile End