Cops tour East End gay bars to offer safety advice
POLICE will be touring gay bars and clubs to offer advice about travelling home safely late at night. Cops will be at the White Swan and Chariots Sauna in Commercial Road on Friday night and at the Joiners Arms in Hackney Road, Bethnal Green and The Backs
POLICE will be touring gay bars and clubs to offer advice about travelling home safely late at night.
Cops will be at the White Swan and Chariots Sauna in Commercial Road on Friday night and at the Joiners Arms in Hackney Road, Bethnal Green and The Backstreet in Wentworth Mews, Mile End on Saturday to give advice about safe travel, crime prevention and to encourage members of the gay community to report crime and incidents of homophobia.
There will also be information available on becoming a special constable.
Sgt Paul Mason, leading the initiative, said: "This is an excellent opportunity to engage with the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender community.
You may also want to watch:
"Our aims are to ensure a safe journey for revellers after a night out. We hope that whilst we are giving safety advice we can engage with the community and provide reassurance and maybe persuade people to become a special constable.
- 1 Tributes paid after Tower Hamlets councillor dies at 40
- 2 Queen's Birthday Honours: Caterer who gave out free meals gets BEM
- 3 Docklands man pleaded guilty to firearms offences
- 4 Crossharbour scheme for 2,000 new homes on Isle of Dogs is halted
- 5 Man 'brandishes gun' in busy Canary Wharf restaurant
- 6 Working classes 'being pushed out by East End's gentrification'
- 7 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 8 Driver threatened at gunpoint in Bromley-by-Bow carjacking
- 9 Plans mooted to change East End MP constituency boundaries
- 10 Police search park in Poplar after report of stabbing