Cops tour East End gay bars to offer safety advice
POLICE will be touring gay bars and clubs to offer advice about travelling home safely late at night. Cops will be at the White Swan and Chariots Sauna in Commercial Road on Friday night and at the Joiners Arms in Hackney Road, Bethnal Green and The Backs
POLICE will be touring gay bars and clubs to offer advice about travelling home safely late at night.
Cops will be at the White Swan and Chariots Sauna in Commercial Road on Friday night and at the Joiners Arms in Hackney Road, Bethnal Green and The Backstreet in Wentworth Mews, Mile End on Saturday to give advice about safe travel, crime prevention and to encourage members of the gay community to report crime and incidents of homophobia.
There will also be information available on becoming a special constable.
Sgt Paul Mason, leading the initiative, said: "This is an excellent opportunity to engage with the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender community.
You may also want to watch:
"Our aims are to ensure a safe journey for revellers after a night out. We hope that whilst we are giving safety advice we can engage with the community and provide reassurance and maybe persuade people to become a special constable.
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 5 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 6 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 7 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 8 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 9 Leyton Orient boss Embleton expecting more movement in the transfer window
- 10 Disgraceful management of the pandemic