Cops use street theatre to boot yobs out of The Roman
COPS are using street theatre to get rid of yobs—from the street. They are launching a Saturday blitz’ on August 8 to boot liquor louts out of Roman Road Market in London’s East End
COPS are using street theatre to clean up the street—and boot out the yobs.
They are launching a Saturday blitz’ on August 8 to boot liquor louts out of Roman Road Market in London’s East End.
Police and Tower Hamlets council are reclaiming’ this busy, narrow shopping mile that has seen better days.
You may also want to watch:
They’ve hired in Arc Theatre who stage rolling performances with actors on the theme of anti-social behaviour and its effect on different age groups, urging shoppers and residents to take back control of their neighbourhood.
“We now know the local troublemakers and action is being taken,” warned Cllr Abdal Ullah.
- 1 Blaze at Canary Wharf tower block with cladding issue
- 2 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA seat and referendums
- 3 New Providence Wharf fire: Two in hospital and 42 treated at scene
- 4 Racist vandalism keyed on cars parked in street on Isle of Dogs
- 5 Politicians join forces on referendum about Tower Hamlets mayor
- 6 New Providence Wharf: The four-year fight to remove 'Grenfell cladding'
- 7 Street food and farmers' market return to City Island
- 8 Leyton Orient defender Josh Coulson set to depart
- 9 Mayor or leader: Your choice on May 6
- 10 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
“Extra police officers have been on patrol on market days and a police liaison officer has been allocated.
“We are working with the police to identify individuals who need help to break the cycle of drunk behaviour.”
SHOP’ THE YOBS
Shoppers are being urged to shop’ the yobs on the council’s 24-hour free hotline: 0800-9175918.
The performances on August 8 are outside the Bow Idea Store library centre from 10am to 3pm.
The move comes two weeks after police brought back a booze ban’ zone around London’s notorious Brick Lane to tackle street yobs and liquor louts.