Cops watch as 3-card tricksters’ gamble openly in street
THE notorious three card trick’ was played out in Whitechapel openly in front of cops and council officials. But there were no arrests on Saturday as the street gaming’ activity said to be rife in London’s East End drew crowds in Whitechapel Market
THE notorious three card trick’ was played out in Whitechapel openly in front of cops and council officials.
But there were no arrests on Saturday as the street gaming’ activity said to be rife in London’s East End drew crowds in Whitechapel Market.
The gamblers’ turned out to be a troupe of actors using street theatre to show how to avoid being conned by the three card trick’ you can never win.
You may also want to watch:
Members of the Arc Theatre group included a magician with a gaming table performing slight-of-hand manoeuvres to expose the con behind the three-card trick’ in the area that police say is a hotspot for illicit street gambling.
Police and officials from Tower Hamlets Council were among the audience handing out information on reporting yobs and tricksters and discussing concerns from the public.
- 1 Transfer round-up: Leyton Orient bring in eight as departures find new clubs
- 2 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure
- 3 Man stabbed outside West India Quay DLR station
- 4 Police chief to be quizzed at East London Mosque
- 5 Somali kitchen in Bethnal Green gets halal help from Amazon staff
- 6 Data reveals house price rises in Olympic boroughs since London 2012
- 7 Campaigners taking on town hall to keep Isle of Dogs youth club open
- 8 Leyton Orient could be without key forwards for season opener at Salford
- 9 Tokyo 2020: Poplar children have their own 'Olympics'
- 10 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
Cops have declared war on street gamblers this week, with three men summonsed by Tower Hamlets council for street gaming offences.
One man appeared at Thames Magistrates’ court today (Thursday) where he admitted running a three disc trick’ in Whitechapel and was fined �415.