Cops watch as 3-card tricksters’ gamble openly in street
THE notorious three card trick’ was played out in Whitechapel openly in front of cops and council officials. But there were no arrests on Saturday as the street gaming’ activity said to be rife in London’s East End drew crowds in Whitechapel Market
THE notorious three card trick’ was played out in Whitechapel openly in front of cops and council officials.
But there were no arrests on Saturday as the street gaming’ activity said to be rife in London’s East End drew crowds in Whitechapel Market.
The gamblers’ turned out to be a troupe of actors using street theatre to show how to avoid being conned by the three card trick’ you can never win.
You may also want to watch:
Members of the Arc Theatre group included a magician with a gaming table performing slight-of-hand manoeuvres to expose the con behind the three-card trick’ in the area that police say is a hotspot for illicit street gambling.
Police and officials from Tower Hamlets Council were among the audience handing out information on reporting yobs and tricksters and discussing concerns from the public.
- 1 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 2 'Stop building more towers,' MP at protest after New Providence Wharf fire
- 3 MP's fury at four-year delay removing Grenfell-type cladding from block
- 4 Racist vandalism keyed on cars parked in street on Isle of Dogs
- 5 Leyton Orient have announced their retained list as they begin rebuild
- 6 Tower Hamlets votes to keep directly-elected mayoral post
- 7 'Halt to development draining services' after win for neighbourhood plan
- 8 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 9 Blaze at Canary Wharf tower block with cladding issue
- 10 Unmesh Desai on his priorities after winning City and East election
Cops have declared war on street gamblers this week, with three men summonsed by Tower Hamlets council for street gaming offences.
One man appeared at Thames Magistrates’ court today (Thursday) where he admitted running a three disc trick’ in Whitechapel and was fined �415.