Coronation Street’s Debbie Arnold on board for Macmillan coffee morning Thames cruise
- Credit: Archant
Coronation Street actress Debbie Arnold is joining Thames riverboat operators for a floating coffee morning to round off a month of events across Britain raising £15 million for Macmillan Cancer Support.
She is swapping pints at the TV soap’s ‘Weatherfield Arms’ for coffee and cake when she gets on board a Thames pleasure cruiser at Tower Pier on Saturday for the fundraising river trip.
“I’ve seen myself the work Macmillan nurses do for people affected by cancer and their families,” said Debbie.
“I was amazed by the care and services they gave when my aunt was diagnosed with cancer—so I’m pleased to help any way I can.”
The City Cruises vessel sets off from the pier at 10.45am with commentaries about London’s history along the way and taking in sights such as Tower Bridge, the Tower of London, Greenwich and St Paul’s Cathedral.
Those on board get coffee and cake while sailing past some of London’s most famous landmarks during the two hour cruise.
Macmillan charity’s London fundraiser Judy Spence said: “No-one should have to face cancer alone. Events like this help us be there for people affected by cancer and their families when they need us most.”
- 1 Man, woman and child escape 'large' e-bike fire in Wapping flat by climbing out window
- 2 Tower Hamlets A Level results 2022: Live updates for borough's schools
- 3 Plan to install gates at canalside development blocked despite ASB concerns
- 4 'Do not eat' - Lidl recalls product over bacteria fears
- 5 Thames Water: Hosepipe ban announced for London and Thames Valley
- 6 Teenager, 17, arrested after car crashes into Bow apartment building
- 7 'Ruthless' killer sentenced for Isle of Dogs murder
- 8 Investigation under way after fire and explosion at Shoreditch block
- 9 Jailed: Eight east London offenders locked up in July
- 10 All Points East 2022: Gorillaz, Idles line-up and stage times
Funds raised on the coffee morning cruise go to the charity to pay for personal care for those affected by cancer, from specialist nurses to grants for those with financial problems.
Tickets are £15 adults, £10 children, with £5 donated to Macmillan Cancer Support. Reservations on 020-7740 0453, or online at www.citycruises.co.uk/macmillan.