Coronation Street’s Debbie Arnold on board for Macmillan coffee morning Thames cruise
- Credit: Archant
Coronation Street actress Debbie Arnold is joining Thames riverboat operators for a floating coffee morning to round off a month of events across Britain raising £15 million for Macmillan Cancer Support.
She is swapping pints at the TV soap’s ‘Weatherfield Arms’ for coffee and cake when she gets on board a Thames pleasure cruiser at Tower Pier on Saturday for the fundraising river trip.
“I’ve seen myself the work Macmillan nurses do for people affected by cancer and their families,” said Debbie.
“I was amazed by the care and services they gave when my aunt was diagnosed with cancer—so I’m pleased to help any way I can.”
The City Cruises vessel sets off from the pier at 10.45am with commentaries about London’s history along the way and taking in sights such as Tower Bridge, the Tower of London, Greenwich and St Paul’s Cathedral.
You may also want to watch:
Those on board get coffee and cake while sailing past some of London’s most famous landmarks during the two hour cruise.
Macmillan charity’s London fundraiser Judy Spence said: “No-one should have to face cancer alone. Events like this help us be there for people affected by cancer and their families when they need us most.”
- 1 Luxury Canary Wharf flats going for lower rent set by the council
- 2 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 3 Isle of Dogs man who murdered teenager at Crossharbour DLR sentenced to 27 years
- 4 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 5 Man charged after triple stabbing on night bus in Mile End
- 6 'Grief and queer coming of age' theatre show to be put on for London Horror Festival
- 7 Go-ahead given for 315 more homes in third stage of Blackwall Reach scheme
- 8 Why TfL won't restart the night tube on Jubilee line just yet
- 9 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 10 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
Funds raised on the coffee morning cruise go to the charity to pay for personal care for those affected by cancer, from specialist nurses to grants for those with financial problems.
Tickets are £15 adults, £10 children, with £5 donated to Macmillan Cancer Support. Reservations on 020-7740 0453, or online at www.citycruises.co.uk/macmillan.