Council acting illegally plugging Labour councillors in paper
Dear Ed, I CONTINUE to be dismayed by Tower Hamlets Council’s propaganda rag East End Life’. I believe the council is acting illegally in constantly plugging Labour councillors and hardly ever featuring opposition members
I CONTINUE to be dismayed by Tower Hamlets Council's propaganda rag 'East End Life'.
I believe the council is acting illegally in constantly plugging Labour councillors and hardly ever featuring opposition members. This goes against the Local Government Act which prohibits Loony Left authorities using council taxpayers' money to promote party members.
The situation becomes ever more disturbing when we learn that the new �100,000-a-year head of communications at the Town Hall is Takki Sulaiman, a former Labour councillor from Haringey who lost his seat to the Lib Dems in 2006.
Why are there so many failed Labour politicians in top jobs at Tower Hamlets?
Before George Galloway was elected Respect MP for Bethnal Green & Bow, both the Labour MPs in the two constituencies that make up Tower Hamlets had their own columns in 'East End Life'.
- 1 Bow man charged with drugs supply and criminal property offences
- 2 Bow man appears in court charged with murder after body found in cemetery
- 3 East End's 'last' Victorian funeral parlour being restored - and opens as burger bar
- 4 New Kray twins book to explore lives of gangsters 'aside from the crimes'
- 5 Shoreditch floral café blooms at new premises in Bethnal Green
- 6 How often do Londoners cycle to work in each borough?
- 7 Jailed: Man who robbed and blackmailed men he met on Grindr
- 8 Councillor says he 'hopes to lose' next election
- 9 Ranjith Kankanamalage death: Man charged with murder
- 10 'Time to end the injustice': Barts staff set to strike amid pay dispute
The columns were never seen again after Oona King lost in Bethnal Green & Bow in 2005. Strange that!
Mile End Road, Mile End