Council acting illegally plugging Labour councillors in paper
Dear Ed, I CONTINUE to be dismayed by Tower Hamlets Council’s propaganda rag East End Life’. I believe the council is acting illegally in constantly plugging Labour councillors and hardly ever featuring opposition members
I CONTINUE to be dismayed by Tower Hamlets Council's propaganda rag 'East End Life'.
I believe the council is acting illegally in constantly plugging Labour councillors and hardly ever featuring opposition members. This goes against the Local Government Act which prohibits Loony Left authorities using council taxpayers' money to promote party members.
The situation becomes ever more disturbing when we learn that the new �100,000-a-year head of communications at the Town Hall is Takki Sulaiman, a former Labour councillor from Haringey who lost his seat to the Lib Dems in 2006.
You may also want to watch:
Why are there so many failed Labour politicians in top jobs at Tower Hamlets?
Before George Galloway was elected Respect MP for Bethnal Green & Bow, both the Labour MPs in the two constituencies that make up Tower Hamlets had their own columns in 'East End Life'.
- 1 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 2 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 3 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 4 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 5 Leyton Orient announce partnership with Hartford Athletic
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 7 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 8 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 9 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 10 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
The columns were never seen again after Oona King lost in Bethnal Green & Bow in 2005. Strange that!
Mile End Road, Mile End