Council acting illegally plugging Labour councillors in paper
Dear Ed, I CONTINUE to be dismayed by Tower Hamlets Council’s propaganda rag East End Life’. I believe the council is acting illegally in constantly plugging Labour councillors and hardly ever featuring opposition members
I CONTINUE to be dismayed by Tower Hamlets Council's propaganda rag 'East End Life'.
I believe the council is acting illegally in constantly plugging Labour councillors and hardly ever featuring opposition members. This goes against the Local Government Act which prohibits Loony Left authorities using council taxpayers' money to promote party members.
The situation becomes ever more disturbing when we learn that the new �100,000-a-year head of communications at the Town Hall is Takki Sulaiman, a former Labour councillor from Haringey who lost his seat to the Lib Dems in 2006.
You may also want to watch:
Why are there so many failed Labour politicians in top jobs at Tower Hamlets?
Before George Galloway was elected Respect MP for Bethnal Green & Bow, both the Labour MPs in the two constituencies that make up Tower Hamlets had their own columns in 'East End Life'.
- 1 Man in 30s dies after Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 2 Man who stabbed teen at Crossharbour station found guilty of murder
- 3 Police patrols to increase after fatal Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 4 Concern growing for man last seen at Bow Road station
- 5 Police officer sacked after criminal conviction
- 6 Authorities urged to act against 'terrifying' Isle of Dogs car races
- 7 Sentencing of arms dealers set for one year after Isle of Dogs raid
- 8 Two men arrested in connection with Shadwell double stabbing
- 9 Man who died in Mile End park named
- 10 Man found with stab injuries in Stepney
The columns were never seen again after Oona King lost in Bethnal Green & Bow in 2005. Strange that!
Mile End Road, Mile End