Council introducing bus service for Tower Hamlets
A free council bus service for residents on the Isle of Dogs and South Poplar will start running from Chrisp Street Market to the ASDA shopping centre on September 28. The circular route will initially run for two years with buses travelling in both dire
A free council bus service for residents on the Isle of Dogs and South Poplar will start running from Chrisp Street Market to the ASDA shopping centre on September 28.
The circular route will initially run for two years with buses travelling in both directions around the Isle of Dogs, from 10am to 4pm, Monday to Saturday.
It will stop at places such as Castilla Square, Cubitt Town Library, Island Gardens and Station, ASDA, Docklands Medical Centre, Tiller Road Baths, Mellish Street Square, Limehouse Police Station, and Chrisp Street Market.
On main roads it will only stop at normal bus stops marked with the route number IOD 1 or IOD 2. But when travelling on residential side roads, people will be able to stop the bus by putting out a hand and holding out their permit. The bus will then stop at the safest, nearest point. There will also be designated bus bays at Chrisp Street Market and ASDA bus station.
To obtain an application form for permits e-mail: email@example.com, telephone: 0207 364 1060 or write to: Transport Service Unit, 1 Silvocea Way, London E14 0JJ.
Notes to Editors
- 1 Gun found in car as Met makes 130 arrests during drugs op
- 2 Jailed: Rapist who repeatedly attacked woman in her own home
- 3 Patients with Covid in east London hospitals fall after rising for weeks
- 4 Almost 3,000 Barts Health hospital staff yet to have Covid jab, figures show
- 5 One per cent council tax rise planned with borough set for balanced budget
- 6 Burial and cremation fees rise at City of London Cemetery and Crematorium
- 7 How many alcohol-related fires were there in your borough last year?
- 8 Coroner concerned with Barts NHS trust after woman 'unlawfully killed'
- 9 ‘Manhattanisation’ of Isle of Dogs concerns residents
- 10 More headliners announced for We Are FSTVL 2022