Council introducing bus service for Tower Hamlets
A free council bus service for residents on the Isle of Dogs and South Poplar will start running from Chrisp Street Market to the ASDA shopping centre on September 28. The circular route will initially run for two years with buses travelling in both dire
A free council bus service for residents on the Isle of Dogs and South Poplar will start running from Chrisp Street Market to the ASDA shopping centre on September 28.
The circular route will initially run for two years with buses travelling in both directions around the Isle of Dogs, from 10am to 4pm, Monday to Saturday.
It will stop at places such as Castilla Square, Cubitt Town Library, Island Gardens and Station, ASDA, Docklands Medical Centre, Tiller Road Baths, Mellish Street Square, Limehouse Police Station, and Chrisp Street Market.
On main roads it will only stop at normal bus stops marked with the route number IOD 1 or IOD 2. But when travelling on residential side roads, people will be able to stop the bus by putting out a hand and holding out their permit. The bus will then stop at the safest, nearest point. There will also be designated bus bays at Chrisp Street Market and ASDA bus station.
You may also want to watch:
To obtain an application form for permits e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, telephone: 0207 364 1060 or write to: Transport Service Unit, 1 Silvocea Way, London E14 0JJ.
Notes to Editors
- 1 Jailed: Cyclist who rode off after fatal collision with 'gentleman', 72
- 2 Leyton Orient still looking to add one or two new signings
- 3 Jury sent home for the day in MP Apsana Begum's trial on housing fraud charges
- 4 Leyton Orient sign Theo Archibald on loan from Lincoln City
- 5 Highest point reached on new homes in disused Bethnal Green car park
- 6 Poplar MP tells court: 'I fled home when brother said I was possessed'
- 7 John McDonnell is character witness for Poplar MP accused of housing fraud
- 8 Thames Path voted UK's No one for walking — even if blocked in places
- 9 Bidding for Harry Kane's signed jersey open in Wapping Youth FC auction
- 10 ‘Humanitarian disaster’ food shortage for East End families in poverty