Covid NHS heroes get freebie stays at east London hotels as a ‘thank you’ for their lost weekends
- Credit: Point A Hotels
Hundreds of frontline NHS staff and their families got freebie City break weekend in hotels as a thank you for what they’ve been doing in the battle against Covid 19.
Two hotels in east London took part in the “NHS Weekend of Thanks” over the bank holiday at Canary Wharf and Shoreditch among nine in the Point A Hotel chain.
The weekend was organised in response to research that found one-in-seven frontline workers had no downtime at the height of the pandemic.
“Such sacrifice made us determined to give something back,” the hotel chain’s managing director Nic Wenn said. “It was a ‘no brainer’ to welcome them.
“These healthcare heroes have forgone their normal lives to help others.”
You may also want to watch:
Some 280 NHS personnel and their families were given a break, with local businesses joining in and offering discounts. Other NHS workers get their complimentary stay later this month.
The impact of the pandemic among NHS workers stripped them of downtime with a “negative affect on family life”, the research found. A 58 per cent spike in anxiety and 54pc rise in stress levels came to light, with one-in-five not even having a chance to celebrate their own birthday.
- 1 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 2 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 3 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 4 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 5 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 6 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 7 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 8 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 9 Leyton Orient announce partnership with Hartford Athletic
- 10 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt