Search

Gang launch “unprovoked” attack on two commuters at station in Tower Hamlets

PUBLISHED: 14:40 06 March 2013 | UPDATED: 14:40 06 March 2013

Police want to identify the person shown in this CCTV image.

Police want to identify the person shown in this CCTV image.

BTP - submitted

A gang of men launched a “vicious” unprovoked attack on two friends who were waiting for a train – and now detectives have released these photos in an attempt to identify the suspects.

The pair, a 43-year-old man from Tower Hamlets and a 50-year-old man from Newham, were waiting on the platform at Langdon Park Docklands Light Railway station on Saturday at 9.20pm.

“A group of around five young men then approached the victims and, completely unprovoked, attacked them,” said Det Con Paul Miller, of British Transport Police.

“This was a vicious and sustained assault that left the two victims with severe bruising and swelling.”

The officer said he decided to release CCTV images of five men they would like to speak to in connection with the incident, and added: “We’ve carried out a number of enquiries to try and establish the identity of this group, including speaking to witnesses and circulating images on police intelligence systems, but to no avail so far.”

Anyone who recognises the men in the pictures, or with information about the assault, should contact British Transport Police on 0800 40 50 40, quoting B6 of 05/03/13, or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the East London Advertiser. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Latest from the East London Advertiser