16-year-old boy chased into chicken shop by gang before stabbing
Police are appealing for information after a 16-year-old boy was chased into a chicken shop by a gang of youths and stabbed.
The boy, who is in a critical state in hospital, ran into EFC takeaway in Burdett Road, near the junction with Dod Street in Limehouse before being attacked shortly after 9pm on Saturday.
He and a small group of friends were approached by the gang before being chased.
While the other managed to scatter, the boy – who lives locally – was pursued by three or four youths and stabbed.
He was taken by ambulance to an east London hospital.
You may also want to watch:
DC Christina Jessah said: “We would urge anyone with any information or who witnessed the incident to come forward.”
Officers from Tower Hamlets Violent Crime Unit are investigating.
- 1 Police officer sacked after criminal conviction
- 2 Man who stabbed teen at Crossharbour station found guilty of murder
- 3 Man in 30s dies after Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 4 Police patrols to increase after fatal Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 5 Concern growing for man last seen at Bow Road station
- 6 Sadiq Khan warns of flood threat in east London from climate emergency
- 7 Things to do: Explore east London this weekend
- 8 'That is what this club is about' as Mark Noble wants to find West Ham fan
- 9 Man found with stab injuries in Stepney
- 10 Jailed: Tower Hamlets man who tried to rape another man
Information to 0207 275 4546 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.