81-year-old foils attempted distraction burglary
A young man attempted to burgle the home of an 81-year-old last Tuesday by pretending he was there to fix the owner’s curtains.
The male victim twice refused to let the man, suspected to be between 18 and 20 years old, into his home in Reardon Path in Wapping leading the suspect to give up.
No property was stolen and the victim was not injured.
Tower Hamlets police are looking for a white male, 5 ft 7 inches tall with dark hair and a moustache.
He was wearing black trousers, a black round neck jumper and was well spoken.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information can contact DC Amran Yousaf on 0208 217 3151 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 2 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 3 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 4 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 5 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 6 Covid hero who did charity walk in Bow aged 100 now has vaccine
- 7 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 8 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 9 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 10 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week