81-year-old foils attempted distraction burglary
A young man attempted to burgle the home of an 81-year-old last Tuesday by pretending he was there to fix the owner’s curtains.
The male victim twice refused to let the man, suspected to be between 18 and 20 years old, into his home in Reardon Path in Wapping leading the suspect to give up.
No property was stolen and the victim was not injured.
Tower Hamlets police are looking for a white male, 5 ft 7 inches tall with dark hair and a moustache.
He was wearing black trousers, a black round neck jumper and was well spoken.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information can contact DC Amran Yousaf on 0208 217 3151 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Jailed: drug dealer who rammed police with stolen car to escape
- 2 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 3 Beer gardens reopening with face marks, sanitisers and cobblestones
- 4 Housing protest at Shadwell's Watney Market over service charges hike
- 5 Boxpark reopening in Shoreditch with face masks and Covid hygiene measures
- 6 New street market coming to Docklands is Will's passion
- 7 East End pays tribute to Prince Philip
- 8 Hundreds of customers descend on reopened retailers
- 9 'Torrent of hate' stalker tweeted pictures of victim on social media
- 10 Jailed: Smash-and-grab perfume raiders get 18 years between them