81-year-old foils attempted distraction burglary
A young man attempted to burgle the home of an 81-year-old last Tuesday by pretending he was there to fix the owner’s curtains.
The male victim twice refused to let the man, suspected to be between 18 and 20 years old, into his home in Reardon Path in Wapping leading the suspect to give up.
No property was stolen and the victim was not injured.
Tower Hamlets police are looking for a white male, 5 ft 7 inches tall with dark hair and a moustache.
He was wearing black trousers, a black round neck jumper and was well spoken.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information can contact DC Amran Yousaf on 0208 217 3151 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Jailed: Cyclist who rode off after fatal collision with 'gentleman', 72
- 2 Leyton Orient still looking to add one or two new signings
- 3 Jury sent home for the day in MP Apsana Begum's trial on housing fraud charges
- 4 Leyton Orient sign Theo Archibald on loan from Lincoln City
- 5 Highest point reached on new homes in disused Bethnal Green car park
- 6 Poplar MP tells court: 'I fled home when brother said I was possessed'
- 7 John McDonnell is character witness for Poplar MP accused of housing fraud
- 8 Thames Path voted UK's No one for walking — even if blocked in places
- 9 Bidding for Harry Kane's signed jersey open in Wapping Youth FC auction
- 10 ‘Humanitarian disaster’ food shortage for East End families in poverty