CCTV image released after man stabbed in stomach outside Bow Church station
- Credit: Archant
Police have released a CCTV image of a man they want to speak to after a stabbing in Bow.
A man in his fifties was stabbed in the stomach outside Bow Church DLR station at 10.08am on December 21 following an argument between two men on board a train.
DC Mike Ganly said: “This was a serious assault and we are working to understand exactly what happened.
“I would urge anyone with information to contact us as soon as possible, especially if you recognise the man in the image.”
British Transport Police (BTP) said the victim’s injuries were not life-threatening.
You may also want to watch:
No arrests have been made so far.
Officers believe the pictured man may have information that could help with their investigation.
- 1 Patient group set up over allegations of 'poor care' at Royal London
- 2 Mother and son taken to hospital during "severe" fire in Bow
- 3 Beer gardens reopening with face masks, sanitisers and cobblestones
- 4 Volunteers take food for Ramadan to neighbours on Isle of Dogs
- 5 Jailed: drug dealer who rammed police with stolen car to escape
- 6 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 7 Here's why people stay longer in the East End despite the crime
- 8 Hundreds of customers descend on reopened retailers
- 9 'Torrent of hate' stalker tweeted pictures of victim on social media
- 10 Former Bagel Factory turned into creative studios to rent out
Anyone who recognises him should contact BTP by texting 6106 or call 0800 405 040 with the reference number 212 of 21/12/18.
Alternatively, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.