Appeal for witnesses after Victoria Park stabbing
Police are appealing for witnesses after a man was stabbed and robbed of his bicycle by a group of youths in Victoria Park.
The 29-year-old was cycling back from work on Saturday, August 25 when he was grabbed by three youths, two of whom were also on bikes. They pulled him to the ground and kicked him, before stabbing him when he tried to prevent one of them making off with his Claud Butler bicycle.
The group then dispersed, with one heading towards Gore Road and the other two heading west towards Morpeth Road and Skipworth Road.
The victim was assisted by members of the public who called the police and ambulance. He was taken to the Royal London Hospital where he was treated for his injuries before being discharged two days later.
Detective Constable Richard Coe said: “The victim in this matter has been incredibly lucky that the injuries were not more severe. It is no exaggeration to say that the stabbing was millimetres away from causing life threatening injuries.
You may also want to watch:
“The victim has shown a remarkable response in dealing with this traumatic event and we appeal for any information that can help us identify these highly dangerous individuals.”
The assault took place in the North West corner of the park at around 7.45pm. One of the suspects is described as a light skinned black youth between 15 and 18 years of age, dressed all in black with a green baseball cap. The other two youths are described as being black, between 16 and 20 years of age, and were both dressed in black clothing.
- 1 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure
- 2 Man stabbed outside West India Quay DLR station
- 3 Tower Hamlets stages Covid jab festival
- 4 Tyrese Omotoye impresses on O's trial as Ouss Cisse looks set to depart
- 5 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 6 Campaigners taking on town hall to keep Isle of Dogs youth club open
- 7 Campaigners oppose plans to change voting system for Tower Hamlets mayor
- 8 Eggslut food truck to bring 'edible breakfast cloud' to Shoreditch
- 9 Data reveals house price rises in Olympic boroughs since London 2012
- 10 Vigil for June Harvey one year on from Bow crane tragedy
If you have any further information, please contact the robbery squad at Bethnal Green police station, or call crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.