Appeal for witnesses after Victoria Park stabbing
Police are appealing for witnesses after a man was stabbed and robbed of his bicycle by a group of youths in Victoria Park.
The 29-year-old was cycling back from work on Saturday, August 25 when he was grabbed by three youths, two of whom were also on bikes. They pulled him to the ground and kicked him, before stabbing him when he tried to prevent one of them making off with his Claud Butler bicycle.
The group then dispersed, with one heading towards Gore Road and the other two heading west towards Morpeth Road and Skipworth Road.
The victim was assisted by members of the public who called the police and ambulance. He was taken to the Royal London Hospital where he was treated for his injuries before being discharged two days later.
Detective Constable Richard Coe said: “The victim in this matter has been incredibly lucky that the injuries were not more severe. It is no exaggeration to say that the stabbing was millimetres away from causing life threatening injuries.
You may also want to watch:
“The victim has shown a remarkable response in dealing with this traumatic event and we appeal for any information that can help us identify these highly dangerous individuals.”
The assault took place in the North West corner of the park at around 7.45pm. One of the suspects is described as a light skinned black youth between 15 and 18 years of age, dressed all in black with a green baseball cap. The other two youths are described as being black, between 16 and 20 years of age, and were both dressed in black clothing.
- 1 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 2 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 3 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 4 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 5 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 6 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 7 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 8 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 9 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 10 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
If you have any further information, please contact the robbery squad at Bethnal Green police station, or call crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.