Appeal to trace cycling trio after Wapping stabbing
- Credit: Met Police
A man was stabbed and left with potentially life changing injuries after being attacked by three men near Wapping station.
The 29-year-old victim was reportedly having a cigarette in Green Bank when he was approached by a bike-riding trio.
Without warning, they lunged at him, leaving him with a deep cut to his leg that damaged his femoral artery.
Paramedics rushed him to an east London hospital, where he remains.
Detectives investigating the attack today released CCTV stills showing three cyclists with whom officers wish to speak.
You may also want to watch:
Also shown is a man walking down Green Park pulling a wheeled bag behind him, a possible witness who “may hold vital information” needed to trace the suspects, said investigation lead Det Con Ian Arrowsmith.
Enquiries into the attack, which took place at about 10.30pm on Saturday, April 28, continue with no arrests made.
- 1 Jailed: drug dealer who rammed police with stolen car to escape
- 2 East End pays tribute to Prince Philip
- 3 Housing protest at Shadwell's Watney Market over service charges hike
- 4 Boxpark reopening in Shoreditch with face masks and Covid hygiene measures
- 5 Fire crews fight blaze in railway arch in Bow
- 6 Woman from Limehouse charged after Kill the Bill protest
- 7 Pictures: Remembering Prince Philip's visits to east London
- 8 'Torrent of hate' stalker tweeted pictures of victim on social media
- 9 New street market coming to Docklands is Will's passion
- 10 Jailed: Smash-and-grab perfume raiders get 18 years between them
Police ask anyone with information to call 101 quoting reference CAD 8473/28Apr or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.