Appeal to trace cycling trio after Wapping stabbing
- Credit: Met Police
A man was stabbed and left with potentially life changing injuries after being attacked by three men near Wapping station.
The 29-year-old victim was reportedly having a cigarette in Green Bank when he was approached by a bike-riding trio.
Without warning, they lunged at him, leaving him with a deep cut to his leg that damaged his femoral artery.
Paramedics rushed him to an east London hospital, where he remains.
Detectives investigating the attack today released CCTV stills showing three cyclists with whom officers wish to speak.
You may also want to watch:
Also shown is a man walking down Green Park pulling a wheeled bag behind him, a possible witness who “may hold vital information” needed to trace the suspects, said investigation lead Det Con Ian Arrowsmith.
Enquiries into the attack, which took place at about 10.30pm on Saturday, April 28, continue with no arrests made.
- 1 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 2 Nine Tower Hamlets secondary schools rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 3 Apsana Begum's ex-husband may be behind housing bids, trial hears
- 4 MP reported ex-husband to police for alleged 'harassment', trial hears
- 5 East London road and rail disruptions to travel this weekend
- 6 Man arrested following triple stabbing in Isle of Dogs
- 7 Poplar and Limehouse MP's trial on housing fraud charges set to start
- 8 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 9 Man dies on Isle of Dogs
- 10 No arrests after triple stabbing in Isle of Dogs
Police ask anyone with information to call 101 quoting reference CAD 8473/28Apr or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.