Appeal to trace cycling trio after Wapping stabbing
- Credit: Met Police
A man was stabbed and left with potentially life changing injuries after being attacked by three men near Wapping station.
The 29-year-old victim was reportedly having a cigarette in Green Bank when he was approached by a bike-riding trio.
Without warning, they lunged at him, leaving him with a deep cut to his leg that damaged his femoral artery.
Paramedics rushed him to an east London hospital, where he remains.
Detectives investigating the attack today released CCTV stills showing three cyclists with whom officers wish to speak.
Also shown is a man walking down Green Park pulling a wheeled bag behind him, a possible witness who “may hold vital information” needed to trace the suspects, said investigation lead Det Con Ian Arrowsmith.
Enquiries into the attack, which took place at about 10.30pm on Saturday, April 28, continue with no arrests made.
- 1 Revealed: Your favourite fish and chip shop in east London
- 2 RideLondon 2022: East and central London roads among 100 miles of closures
- 3 Tower Hamlets neighbours must 'temporarily leave' and pay £85k for building repairs
- 4 Maskless passengers on London trains and buses fined 4,000 times
- 5 Appeal: CCTV image released after mosque attacked with bottles
- 6 Police looking for missing man last seen leaving hospital
- 7 Covid: Weekly admissions halve as patient counts drop to July 2021 levels
- 8 Whitechapel dessert shop fined over £5,000 for dumping waste
- 9 Girl, 17, held on suspicion of terrorism offences after east London arrest
- 10 7 of the best Chinese restaurants with delivery in east London
Police ask anyone with information to call 101 quoting reference CAD 8473/28Apr or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.