Appeal to trace cycling trio after Wapping stabbing
- Credit: Met Police
A man was stabbed and left with potentially life changing injuries after being attacked by three men near Wapping station.
The 29-year-old victim was reportedly having a cigarette in Green Bank when he was approached by a bike-riding trio.
Without warning, they lunged at him, leaving him with a deep cut to his leg that damaged his femoral artery.
Paramedics rushed him to an east London hospital, where he remains.
Detectives investigating the attack today released CCTV stills showing three cyclists with whom officers wish to speak.
You may also want to watch:
Also shown is a man walking down Green Park pulling a wheeled bag behind him, a possible witness who “may hold vital information” needed to trace the suspects, said investigation lead Det Con Ian Arrowsmith.
Enquiries into the attack, which took place at about 10.30pm on Saturday, April 28, continue with no arrests made.
- 1 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 2 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 3 'Grenfell Tower'-type cladding still not removed from New Providence Wharf after 3 years
- 4 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 5 Covid hero who did charity walk in Bow aged 100 now has vaccine
- 6 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 7 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 8 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 9 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 10 Leyton Orient boss Embleton could rotate team for Bolton trip
Police ask anyone with information to call 101 quoting reference CAD 8473/28Apr or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.