Armed police called to reports of shooting in Bethnal Green
- Credit: @ThomFeeney
Armed police surrounded a block of flats after reports of a shooting in Bethnal Green on Sunday evening.
Residents said they heard multiple gun shots, with riot police attending the scene in Approach Road. Police were called at around 8.15pm on Sunday, but said they could not confirm whether the shots were fired from an air gun or a firearm.
No arrests had been made at the time of writing.
Witnesses on social media reported seeing armed police and helicopters at the scene, and being warned to stay inside during the incident.
Approach Road, was cordoned off at both ends, according to residents.
You may also want to watch:
A London Ambulance Service spokeswoman confirmed a man, believed to be in his thirties, was treated at the scene and taken to hospital “as a priority”.
- 1 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 2 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 3 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 4 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 5 Police officers save lives in two sperate emergencies on same shift
- 6 Prison sentence increased for 'violent and dangerous' man
- 7 'Utterly horrific': Tower Hamlets MPs react to Sir David Amess stabbing
- 8 CCTV images released of missing man last seen at Bow Road Station
- 9 Tower hamlets killing: £20,000 reward offered as two men sought for queries
- 10 O’s seeking to end winless run of three games with win over struggling Saddlers