Armed police called to reports of shooting in Bethnal Green
- Credit: @ThomFeeney
Armed police surrounded a block of flats after reports of a shooting in Bethnal Green on Sunday evening.
Residents said they heard multiple gun shots, with riot police attending the scene in Approach Road. Police were called at around 8.15pm on Sunday, but said they could not confirm whether the shots were fired from an air gun or a firearm.
No arrests had been made at the time of writing.
Witnesses on social media reported seeing armed police and helicopters at the scene, and being warned to stay inside during the incident.
Approach Road, was cordoned off at both ends, according to residents.
You may also want to watch:
A London Ambulance Service spokeswoman confirmed a man, believed to be in his thirties, was treated at the scene and taken to hospital “as a priority”.
- 1 Man, 19, stabbed in Stepney Green Park
- 2 Refugee fighting £2,850 claim in lettings agency dispute
- 3 Cyclist in critical condition after 'serious collision' in Bow
- 4 Shoppers queue for bread on opening weekend of new Wapping street market
- 5 Jailed: Teenagers who left victim blind in one eye after train stabbing
- 6 Canary Wharf floats idea for new green restaurant on water
- 7 Leyton Orient still not at the level top sides are says boss Jobi McAnuff
- 8 New street market coming to Docklands is Will's passion
- 9 Patient group set up over allegations of 'poor care' at Royal London
- 10 'Hold still while I ink your portrait for Captain Tom challenge'