Armed police called to reports of shooting in Bethnal Green
- Credit: @ThomFeeney
Armed police surrounded a block of flats after reports of a shooting in Bethnal Green on Sunday evening.
Residents said they heard multiple gun shots, with riot police attending the scene in Approach Road. Police were called at around 8.15pm on Sunday, but said they could not confirm whether the shots were fired from an air gun or a firearm.
No arrests had been made at the time of writing.
Witnesses on social media reported seeing armed police and helicopters at the scene, and being warned to stay inside during the incident.
Approach Road, was cordoned off at both ends, according to residents.
A London Ambulance Service spokeswoman confirmed a man, believed to be in his thirties, was treated at the scene and taken to hospital “as a priority”.
- 1 Met officer sacked for concealing proceeds of husband's crimes
- 2 Sex offences against man and boy in park believed to be linked
- 3 Tower Hamlets' first Amazon Fresh 'no check out' store launches
- 4 Work begins on £300m Chrisp Street Market redevelopment
- 5 Boris Johnson tells people to work from home as covid 'Plan B' confirmed
- 6 Festive events and family days out in east London this weekend
- 7 Council houses named after Matchgirls Strike leader
- 8 County lines drug dealer jailed
- 9 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 10 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town