Four arrested after car chased by police 'hits pedestrian' in Poplar
- Credit: Google
Four people have been arrested after a car being chased by the police hit a pedestrian in Poplar.
Officers in an unmarked vehicle spotted a black Fiesta, which had been reported stolen, in East India Dock Road at 4.57pm on Tuesday (September 28), according to the Met police.
The police said they signalled for the Fiesta to stop but it sped off.
A chase followed with the police alleging that the car struck a pedestrian at the junction of Cotton Street and Poplar High Street.
The car was eventually brought to a stop by the police vehicle.
You may also want to watch:
Four people have been arrested on suspicion of offences including robbery, aggravated vehicle taking, dangerous driving and driving without insurance.
They remain in custody.
- 1 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 2 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 3 Prison sentence increased for 'violent and dangerous' man
- 4 'Utterly horrific': Tower Hamlets MPs react to Sir David Amess stabbing
- 5 Police officers save lives in two sperate emergencies on same shift
- 6 Volunteers thanked for running East End food bank for 70 weeks
- 7 £18,000 awarded to Bethnal Green church to bring loo up to scratch
- 8 Man, 19, charged after alleged sexual assaults in Tower Hamlets
- 9 Volunteers patrol streets after Isle of Dogs fatal stabbing
- 10 Man who stabbed teen at Crossharbour station found guilty of murder
A spokesperson for the Metropolitan Police said: "Three people were treated for minor injuries at the scene."