Rapper ASAP Bari to go on trial accused of sex assault at hotel in east London
- Credit: Google
An American rapper and fashion designer is to go on trial accused of sexually assaulting a woman at a hotel in east London.
ASAP Bari, whose real name is Jabari Shelton, is charged with two counts of sexual assault on July 10, 2017.
The 27-year-old is claimed to have intentionally touched the woman in a sexual way.
The star, from Manhattan in New York, is understood to have flown to the UK today to attend his Old Bailey trial.
The defendant, who has an address in Clapton,, is a founding member of New York hip-hop collective ASAP Mob.
You may also want to watch:
He is due to attend court on Thursday for the first day of his trial before Judge Zoe Smith QC
- 1 Isle of Dogs man who murdered teenager at Crossharbour DLR sentenced to 27 years
- 2 Man charged after triple stabbing on night bus in Mile End
- 3 New pizza restaurant opening with drag and disco party
- 4 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 5 Why TfL won't restart the night tube on Jubilee line just yet
- 6 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 7 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 8 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 9 Rabina Khan: 'We need powers to hold housing associations accountable'
- 10 Police officers save lives in two sperate emergencies on same shift