Rapper ASAP Bari to go on trial accused of sex assault at hotel in east London
- Credit: Google
An American rapper and fashion designer is to go on trial accused of sexually assaulting a woman at a hotel in east London.
ASAP Bari, whose real name is Jabari Shelton, is charged with two counts of sexual assault on July 10, 2017.
The 27-year-old is claimed to have intentionally touched the woman in a sexual way.
The star, from Manhattan in New York, is understood to have flown to the UK today to attend his Old Bailey trial.
The defendant, who has an address in Clapton,, is a founding member of New York hip-hop collective ASAP Mob.
You may also want to watch:
He is due to attend court on Thursday for the first day of his trial before Judge Zoe Smith QC
- 1 Beer gardens reopening with face masks, sanitisers and cobblestones
- 2 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 3 Jailed: drug dealer who rammed police with stolen car to escape
- 4 Mother and son taken to hospital during "severe" fire in Bow
- 5 Hundreds of customers descend on reopened retailers
- 6 Boxpark reopening in Shoreditch with face masks and Covid hygiene measures
- 7 New street market coming to Docklands is Will's passion
- 8 Here's why people stay longer in the East End despite the crime
- 9 East End pays tribute to Prince Philip
- 10 Housing protest at Shadwell's Watney Market over service charges hike