Rapper ASAP Bari to go on trial accused of sex assault at hotel in east London
- Credit: Google
An American rapper and fashion designer is to go on trial accused of sexually assaulting a woman at a hotel in east London.
ASAP Bari, whose real name is Jabari Shelton, is charged with two counts of sexual assault on July 10, 2017.
The 27-year-old is claimed to have intentionally touched the woman in a sexual way.
The star, from Manhattan in New York, is understood to have flown to the UK today to attend his Old Bailey trial.
The defendant, who has an address in Clapton,, is a founding member of New York hip-hop collective ASAP Mob.
You may also want to watch:
He is due to attend court on Thursday for the first day of his trial before Judge Zoe Smith QC
- 1 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 2 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 3 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 4 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 5 Streets around proposed Chinese embassy building could be renamed after persecuted Muslims
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 7 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests
- 8 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 9 No injuries but 20 rescued as firefighters tackle Limehouse blaze