Rapper ASAP Bari to go on trial accused of sex assault at hotel in east London
- Credit: Google
An American rapper and fashion designer is to go on trial accused of sexually assaulting a woman at a hotel in east London.
ASAP Bari, whose real name is Jabari Shelton, is charged with two counts of sexual assault on July 10, 2017.
The 27-year-old is claimed to have intentionally touched the woman in a sexual way.
The star, from Manhattan in New York, is understood to have flown to the UK today to attend his Old Bailey trial.
The defendant, who has an address in Clapton,, is a founding member of New York hip-hop collective ASAP Mob.
You may also want to watch:
He is due to attend court on Thursday for the first day of his trial before Judge Zoe Smith QC
- 1 Poplar MP acquitted of Tower Hamlets housing fraud
- 2 Jury sent home for the day in MP Apsana Begum's trial on housing fraud charges
- 3 Home Office pours £1m into tackling drug-related problems in East End
- 4 Unlocked rooms created 'radiation exposure risk' at hospital, inspectors report
- 5 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 6 'Vexatious charges': MP turns on accusers after acquittal in fraud trial
- 7 Apsana Begum's ex-husband may be behind housing bids, trial hears
- 8 Poplar MP tells court: 'I fled home when brother said I was possessed'
- 9 Mum plans to use Raine's Foundation site for new East Park church school
- 10 Jailed: Cyclist who rode off after fatal collision with 'gentleman', 72