Rapper ASAP Bari admits sexually assaulting woman in a east London hotel
- Credit: PA
American rapper and fashion designer ASAP Bari has today admitted sexually assaulting a woman at a hotel in east London.
The 27-year-old, real name Jabari Shelton, pleaded guilty at the Old Bailey to one count of sexual assault after a video emerged of him attacking his victim in July 2017.
The star, from Manhattan in New York, flew to the UK on Tuesday to attend court.
The defendant, who has an address in Clapton, east London, had been expected to deny two charges and face trial.
But he pleaded guilty to one charge on Thursday.
Shelton is a founding member of New York hip-hop collective ASAP Mob.
- 1 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 2 Liveable Streets: Councillors remove some Brick Lane closures after 'backlash'
- 3 Housing association apologises after sewage leaks at Isle of Dogs tower blocks
- 4 East London man charged with six terrorism offences
- 5 Man masturbates on Central line train in front of two women
- 6 When are Royal Mail's last posting dates for Christmas 2021?
- 7 Leyton Orient could send goalkeeper Sargeant back out on loan
- 8 Masks, PCR tests and boosters: New measures to combat Omicron variant
- 9 County lines drug dealer jailed
- 10 'Aggressive, violent behaviour' at Aldgate East tube station