Rapper ASAP Bari admits sexually assaulting woman in a east London hotel
- Credit: PA
American rapper and fashion designer ASAP Bari has today admitted sexually assaulting a woman at a hotel in east London.
The 27-year-old, real name Jabari Shelton, pleaded guilty at the Old Bailey to one count of sexual assault after a video emerged of him attacking his victim in July 2017.
The star, from Manhattan in New York, flew to the UK on Tuesday to attend court.
The defendant, who has an address in Clapton, east London, had been expected to deny two charges and face trial.
But he pleaded guilty to one charge on Thursday.
You may also want to watch:
Shelton is a founding member of New York hip-hop collective ASAP Mob.
- 1 Transfer round-up: Leyton Orient bring in eight as departures find new clubs
- 2 Police chief to be quizzed at East London Mosque
- 3 Leyton Orient boosted by potential returns of Smyth and Drinan for Salford trip
- 4 Man stabbed outside West India Quay DLR station
- 5 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure
- 6 Budding east London cricketers invited to watch The Hundred
- 7 Legendary east London graffiti pub to reopen after 26 years
- 8 Somali kitchen in Bethnal Green gets halal help from Amazon staff
- 9 Things to do in east London this weekend (August 7-8)
- 10 Youngsters have put themselves in Jackett's plans at Orient says Pratley