Rapper ASAP Bari admits sexually assaulting woman in a east London hotel
- Credit: PA
American rapper and fashion designer ASAP Bari has today admitted sexually assaulting a woman at a hotel in east London.
The 27-year-old, real name Jabari Shelton, pleaded guilty at the Old Bailey to one count of sexual assault after a video emerged of him attacking his victim in July 2017.
The star, from Manhattan in New York, flew to the UK on Tuesday to attend court.
The defendant, who has an address in Clapton, east London, had been expected to deny two charges and face trial.
But he pleaded guilty to one charge on Thursday.
You may also want to watch:
Shelton is a founding member of New York hip-hop collective ASAP Mob.
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 5 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 6 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 7 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 8 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 9 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 10 Rotherhithe tunnel to close all next week for urgent repairs