Rapper ASAP Bari admits sexually assaulting woman in a east London hotel
- Credit: PA
American rapper and fashion designer ASAP Bari has today admitted sexually assaulting a woman at a hotel in east London.
The 27-year-old, real name Jabari Shelton, pleaded guilty at the Old Bailey to one count of sexual assault after a video emerged of him attacking his victim in July 2017.
The star, from Manhattan in New York, flew to the UK on Tuesday to attend court.
The defendant, who has an address in Clapton, east London, had been expected to deny two charges and face trial.
But he pleaded guilty to one charge on Thursday.
You may also want to watch:
Shelton is a founding member of New York hip-hop collective ASAP Mob.
- 1 Jailed: drug dealer who rammed police with stolen car to escape
- 2 East End pays tribute to Prince Philip
- 3 Fire crews fight blaze in railway arch in Bow
- 4 Boxpark reopening in Shoreditch with face masks and Covid hygiene measures
- 5 Pictures: Remembering Prince Philip's visits to east London
- 6 Leyton Orient boss McAnuff full of praise for Cheltenham Town after loss
- 7 Opposing 'privatisation of NHS by stealth'
- 8 Woman from Limehouse charged after Kill the Bill protest
- 9 'Torrent of hate' stalker tweeted pictures of victim on social media
- 10 Housing protest at Shadwell's Watney Market over service charges hike