ASBO for persistent Brick Lane street drinker
A PERSISTENT Brick Lane street drinker was served with an Antisocial Behaviour Order preventing him from carrying open containers of alcohol in any East End street and from entering certain parts of the borough.
Emmauel Folco, 46, of Musbury Street, Stepney was ordered to pay a fine of �50 and a victim surcharge of �15 for urinating in public by Thames Magistrates’ Court on Friday, August 13.
Folco was caught out by Tower Hamlets Enforcement Officers on March 6 this year in Brick Lane.
Due to the reams of anti-social behaviour evidence the THEOs had collected against Folco, which ranged from begging and littering to verbal abuse and swearing, the council also sought a post-conviction ASBO, which was handed down by the court.
Tower Hamlets council’s community safety chief Cllr Abdal Ullah said: “Falco’s actions interfered with the enjoyment and quality of life of both residents and visitors in the area. We’ll rigidly enforce the ASBO and we hope that this acts as a warning to others.”
You may also want to watch:
Around 20 incidents that took place between July 2009 and July 2010 were taken into consideration by the judge before the ASBO was issued.
Under the terms of the ASBO Falco is prohibited from carrying an open can or bottle of alcohol in any street within Tower Hamlets and entering the area bounded by Commercial Street, Whitechapel High Street, Whitechapel Road, Vallance Road, Bethnal Green Road and Shoreditch High Street until August 13, 2012.
- 1 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 2 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 3 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 4 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 5 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 6 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 7 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 8 Pressure on government to provide laptops for lockdown learning
- 9 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower