Assault in Bow: Police return to scene of crime to appeal for witnesses
Detectives investigating a serious assault in Bow, which put two men in hospital, are returning to the scene of the crime this evening (Monday) to make renewed appeals for witnesses.
Both victims were treated at an east London hospital following the attack, which happened more than a month ago on September 17, in William Guy Gardens at about 9.30pm.
Officers want to speak to anyone who was in that road, or nearby Talwin Street, at the time.
Chief Inspector Nigel Nottidge, in charge of Safer Neighbourhoods for Tower Hamlets, said: “This assault occurred in a built-up residential area. We are appealing to the public for information that will assist police in identifying those responsible.
“Did you see anyone acting unusually before or after the attack took place, or see the assault itself?”
A Met spokesman confirmed one line of inquiry involves trying to establish whether the assault was linked to an earlier incident at Tesco’s supermarket, near Three Mills Lane, at 8.40pm the same night.
Anyone with information should contact the incident room on 020 7230 3068 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Bow man charged with drugs supply and criminal property offences
- 2 Bow man appears in court charged with murder after body found in cemetery
- 3 East End's 'last' Victorian funeral parlour being restored - and opens as burger bar
- 4 New Kray twins book to explore lives of gangsters 'aside from the crimes'
- 5 Shoreditch floral café blooms at new premises in Bethnal Green
- 6 How often do Londoners cycle to work in each borough?
- 7 Jailed: Man who robbed and blackmailed men he met on Grindr
- 8 Councillor says he 'hopes to lose' next election
- 9 Ranjith Kankanamalage death: Man charged with murder
- 10 'Time to end the injustice': Barts staff set to strike amid pay dispute
• Two men were charged in connection with the inquiry and were remanded in custody to appear at a crown court in December.