Assault in Bow: Police return to scene of crime to appeal for witnesses
Detectives investigating a serious assault in Bow, which put two men in hospital, are returning to the scene of the crime this evening (Monday) to make renewed appeals for witnesses.
Both victims were treated at an east London hospital following the attack, which happened more than a month ago on September 17, in William Guy Gardens at about 9.30pm.
Officers want to speak to anyone who was in that road, or nearby Talwin Street, at the time.
Chief Inspector Nigel Nottidge, in charge of Safer Neighbourhoods for Tower Hamlets, said: “This assault occurred in a built-up residential area. We are appealing to the public for information that will assist police in identifying those responsible.
“Did you see anyone acting unusually before or after the attack took place, or see the assault itself?”
You may also want to watch:
A Met spokesman confirmed one line of inquiry involves trying to establish whether the assault was linked to an earlier incident at Tesco’s supermarket, near Three Mills Lane, at 8.40pm the same night.
Anyone with information should contact the incident room on 020 7230 3068 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 2 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 3 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 4 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 5 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 6 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 7 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 8 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 9 Leyton Orient announce partnership with Hartford Athletic
- 10 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
• Two men were charged in connection with the inquiry and were remanded in custody to appear at a crown court in December.