Assault in Bow: Police return to scene of crime to appeal for witnesses
Detectives investigating a serious assault in Bow, which put two men in hospital, are returning to the scene of the crime this evening (Monday) to make renewed appeals for witnesses.
Both victims were treated at an east London hospital following the attack, which happened more than a month ago on September 17, in William Guy Gardens at about 9.30pm.
Officers want to speak to anyone who was in that road, or nearby Talwin Street, at the time.
Chief Inspector Nigel Nottidge, in charge of Safer Neighbourhoods for Tower Hamlets, said: “This assault occurred in a built-up residential area. We are appealing to the public for information that will assist police in identifying those responsible.
“Did you see anyone acting unusually before or after the attack took place, or see the assault itself?”
You may also want to watch:
A Met spokesman confirmed one line of inquiry involves trying to establish whether the assault was linked to an earlier incident at Tesco’s supermarket, near Three Mills Lane, at 8.40pm the same night.
Anyone with information should contact the incident room on 020 7230 3068 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Man in 30s dies after Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 2 Man who stabbed teen at Crossharbour station found guilty of murder
- 3 Police patrols to increase after fatal Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 4 Concern growing for man last seen at Bow Road station
- 5 Police officer sacked after criminal conviction
- 6 Authorities urged to act against 'terrifying' Isle of Dogs car races
- 7 Sentencing of arms dealers set for one year after Isle of Dogs raid
- 8 Two men arrested in connection with Shadwell double stabbing
- 9 Man who died in Mile End park named
- 10 Jailed: Tower Hamlets man who tried to rape another man
• Two men were charged in connection with the inquiry and were remanded in custody to appear at a crown court in December.