Assault victim’s tribute to hairdresser heroine saviour
- Credit: Archant
The traumatised victim of a vicious assault has paid tribute to the heroine hairdresser who stepped in to save her and her son from their attacker.
Single mum Ms Begum, who was too fearful of repercussions to give out her first name, said the man would have continued attacking her and her six-year-old son if hairdresser Lisa Dean had not chased him away – as we reported last week.
“I don’t know how much that would have damaged me or my son”, said the 29-year-old.
“If that woman didn’t come in he would have continued hitting me – there’s no way he would have moved”, she added.
Lisa, 41, leapt into action after the man launched the vicious assault at a cash point outside John Lester Hair Design in Globe Road, Stepney Green, last Friday after accusing the woman of queue jumping.
You may also want to watch:
Police arrested a 33-year-old man, who has since been bailed until March.
- 1 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 2 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 3 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 4 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 5 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 7 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 8 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 9 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 10 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns