Assault victim’s tribute to hairdresser heroine saviour
- Credit: Archant
The traumatised victim of a vicious assault has paid tribute to the heroine hairdresser who stepped in to save her and her son from their attacker.
Single mum Ms Begum, who was too fearful of repercussions to give out her first name, said the man would have continued attacking her and her six-year-old son if hairdresser Lisa Dean had not chased him away – as we reported last week.
“I don’t know how much that would have damaged me or my son”, said the 29-year-old.
“If that woman didn’t come in he would have continued hitting me – there’s no way he would have moved”, she added.
Lisa, 41, leapt into action after the man launched the vicious assault at a cash point outside John Lester Hair Design in Globe Road, Stepney Green, last Friday after accusing the woman of queue jumping.
You may also want to watch:
Police arrested a 33-year-old man, who has since been bailed until March.
- 1 Blaze at Canary Wharf tower block with cladding issue
- 2 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA seat and referendums
- 3 New Providence Wharf fire: Two in hospital and 42 treated at scene
- 4 Racist vandalism keyed on cars parked in street on Isle of Dogs
- 5 Politicians join forces on referendum about Tower Hamlets mayor
- 6 Street food and farmers' market return to City Island
- 7 New Providence Wharf: The four-year fight to remove 'Grenfell cladding'
- 8 Leyton Orient defender Josh Coulson set to depart
- 9 Mayor or leader: Your choice on May 6
- 10 Teenager arrested after 13-year-old stabbed in Isle of Dogs