Assault victim’s tribute to hairdresser heroine saviour
- Credit: Archant
The traumatised victim of a vicious assault has paid tribute to the heroine hairdresser who stepped in to save her and her son from their attacker.
Single mum Ms Begum, who was too fearful of repercussions to give out her first name, said the man would have continued attacking her and her six-year-old son if hairdresser Lisa Dean had not chased him away – as we reported last week.
“I don’t know how much that would have damaged me or my son”, said the 29-year-old.
“If that woman didn’t come in he would have continued hitting me – there’s no way he would have moved”, she added.
Lisa, 41, leapt into action after the man launched the vicious assault at a cash point outside John Lester Hair Design in Globe Road, Stepney Green, last Friday after accusing the woman of queue jumping.
You may also want to watch:
Police arrested a 33-year-old man, who has since been bailed until March.
- 1 Luxury Canary Wharf flats going for lower rent set by the council
- 2 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 3 Fines totalling £361k handed to East End landlords and agents
- 4 Isle of Dogs man who murdered teenager at Crossharbour DLR sentenced to 27 years
- 5 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 6 Barts Health NHS Trust reports one of lowest rates of vaccinated staff
- 7 Man charged after triple stabbing on night bus in Mile End
- 8 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 9 Capacity at West Ham's London stadium to increase to 62,500
- 10 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block