Bangladeshi minister attacked at TV studio in East London
A member of the Bangladeshi government was attacked at the studio of a Bengali news channel in East London as he waited to go on the air.
Hasanul Haq Inu, Minister of Information in Bangladesh, was preparing to go on a talk show at around 10.30 last night when he was assaulted by a group of men.
Police are understood to be investigating the incident, which took place at the ATN Bangla UK studio in Epson Street in Bromley-by-Bow.
Mr Inu is the leader of Jatiyo Samajtantrik Dal, a Bangladeshi socialist party, and fought in the country’s liberation war in 1971.
He said: “It was a terrorist attack and I think it was a political attack.
You may also want to watch:
“I hope the police will take notice and take serious action against the terrorists.”
Bulbul Hasan, head of news and TV host at ATN Bangla UK, said: “I was very upset because the minister was my guest.
- 1 Mother and son taken to hospital during "severe" fire in Bow
- 2 Beer gardens reopening with face masks, sanitisers and cobblestones
- 3 Patient group set up over allegations of 'poor care' at Royal London
- 4 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 5 Jailed: drug dealer who rammed police with stolen car to escape
- 6 Volunteers take food for Ramadan to neighbours on Isle of Dogs
- 7 Hundreds of customers descend on reopened retailers
- 8 Here's why people stay longer in the East End despite the crime
- 9 New street market coming to Docklands is Will's passion
- 10 East End pays tribute to Prince Philip
“What happened is not an attack on a politician, it is an attack on freedom of expression.”