Bangladeshi minister attacked at TV studio in East London
A member of the Bangladeshi government was attacked at the studio of a Bengali news channel in East London as he waited to go on the air.
Hasanul Haq Inu, Minister of Information in Bangladesh, was preparing to go on a talk show at around 10.30 last night when he was assaulted by a group of men.
Police are understood to be investigating the incident, which took place at the ATN Bangla UK studio in Epson Street in Bromley-by-Bow.
Mr Inu is the leader of Jatiyo Samajtantrik Dal, a Bangladeshi socialist party, and fought in the country’s liberation war in 1971.
He said: “It was a terrorist attack and I think it was a political attack.
You may also want to watch:
“I hope the police will take notice and take serious action against the terrorists.”
Bulbul Hasan, head of news and TV host at ATN Bangla UK, said: “I was very upset because the minister was my guest.
- 1 Police officer sacked after criminal conviction
- 2 Man who stabbed teen at Crossharbour station found guilty of murder
- 3 Man in 30s dies after Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 4 Police patrols to increase after fatal Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 5 Concern growing for man last seen at Bow Road station
- 6 Sadiq Khan warns of flood threat in east London from climate emergency
- 7 'That is what this club is about' as Mark Noble wants to find West Ham fan
- 8 Things to do: Explore east London this weekend
- 9 Jailed: Tower Hamlets man who tried to rape another man
- 10 Man found with stab injuries in Stepney
“What happened is not an attack on a politician, it is an attack on freedom of expression.”