Bangladeshi minister attacked at TV studio in East London
A member of the Bangladeshi government was attacked at the studio of a Bengali news channel in East London as he waited to go on the air.
Hasanul Haq Inu, Minister of Information in Bangladesh, was preparing to go on a talk show at around 10.30 last night when he was assaulted by a group of men.
Police are understood to be investigating the incident, which took place at the ATN Bangla UK studio in Epson Street in Bromley-by-Bow.
Mr Inu is the leader of Jatiyo Samajtantrik Dal, a Bangladeshi socialist party, and fought in the country’s liberation war in 1971.
He said: “It was a terrorist attack and I think it was a political attack.
“I hope the police will take notice and take serious action against the terrorists.”
Bulbul Hasan, head of news and TV host at ATN Bangla UK, said: “I was very upset because the minister was my guest.
- 1 Man 'seriously injured' after e-scooter fall
- 2 Investigation under way after fire and explosion at Shoreditch block
- 3 Teenager, 17, arrested after car crashes into Bow apartment building
- 4 'Ruthless' killer sentenced for Isle of Dogs murder
- 5 London among areas where drought is declared
- 6 Canary Wharf Underground station stabbing leaves man in hospital
- 7 Jailed: Eight east London offenders locked up in July
- 8 Wellens wants fans 'out in force' as Leyton Orient host Mansfield
- 9 10 ace tunes for this year's All Points East
- 10 Kelman's first goal lifts Leyton Orient to third straight win
“What happened is not an attack on a politician, it is an attack on freedom of expression.”