Bangladeshi minister attacked at TV studio in East London
A member of the Bangladeshi government was attacked at the studio of a Bengali news channel in East London as he waited to go on the air.
Hasanul Haq Inu, Minister of Information in Bangladesh, was preparing to go on a talk show at around 10.30 last night when he was assaulted by a group of men.
Police are understood to be investigating the incident, which took place at the ATN Bangla UK studio in Epson Street in Bromley-by-Bow.
Mr Inu is the leader of Jatiyo Samajtantrik Dal, a Bangladeshi socialist party, and fought in the country’s liberation war in 1971.
He said: “It was a terrorist attack and I think it was a political attack.
You may also want to watch:
“I hope the police will take notice and take serious action against the terrorists.”
Bulbul Hasan, head of news and TV host at ATN Bangla UK, said: “I was very upset because the minister was my guest.
- 1 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 2 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 3 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 4 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 5 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 6 Streets around proposed Chinese embassy building could be renamed after persecuted Muslims
- 7 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 8 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests
- 9 No injuries but 20 rescued as firefighters tackle Limehouse blaze
- 10 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
“What happened is not an attack on a politician, it is an attack on freedom of expression.”