Jailed: Isle of Dogs beauty therapist who sexually assaulted client in Peckham clinic
- Credit: Archant
A beauty therapist from the Isle of Dogs has been jailed for sexually assaulting a client while treating her in a clinic.
Ayoyinka Oladimeji, 29, of Talia House in Manchester Road, was given three years in prison and banned from working as a beauty therapist again under the terms of a Sexual Harm Prevention Order handed to him yesterday.
Inner London Crown Court heard how Oladimeji sexually assaulted the woman while she lay on a treatment table in the clinic in Peckham, south London, last year.
She kicked out at him and left, and when he called to apologise, she recorded the conversation and reported it to the police.
He was arrested last October and denied the allegation and refused to answer any questions.
You may also want to watch:
Last month he was found guilty of sexual assault by penetration.
Detective sergeant Robert Jamieson, who led the investigation, said: “Oladimeji took advantage of his professional position to abuse a client when she was in a vulnerable position. He then tried to deny the attack, even when faced with his own admission that had been recorded without his knowledge.
- 1 Patient group set up over allegations of 'poor care' at Royal London
- 2 Jailed: Teenagers who left victim blind in one eye after train stabbing
- 3 Canary Wharf floats idea for new green restaurant on water
- 4 Brick Lane's famous bagel shop launches delivery service
- 5 New street market coming to Docklands is Will's passion
- 6 Updated appeal for information about man last seen in Poplar in January
- 7 MPs pledge to fight on for 'forgotten victims' of IRA Canary Wharf bombing
- 8 Fire crews fight blaze at pub in Hackney Wick
- 9 Jailed: drug dealer who rammed police with stolen car to escape
- 10 Beer gardens reopening with face masks, sanitisers and cobblestones
“I would like thank the victim and acknowledge her courage throughout this investigation and hope that this sentence can bring her some form of closure.”