Jailed: Bethnal Green drug dealer found with loaded gun, heroin and crack cocaine
- Credit: Archant
A ‘dangerous’ drug dealer who kept a loaded gun on top of a wardrobe has been jailed for eight years.
Detectives found the .32 Smith and Wesson double break revolver during a dawn raid on Irasto Yoxall’s flat in Turin Street, Bethnal Green.
His address was raided as part of an operation targetting drug dealers in Kent.
The gun – able to fire up to five shots – was wrapped in a cloth and hidden in a cupboard above the wardrobe.
Officers from Kent Police also uncovered 73 bags of crack cocaine besides 40 wraps and a solid lump of heroin under a boiler. The drugs had a combined street value of about £3,500.
You may also want to watch:
Det Insp James Derham said: “The items found in Yoxall’s property prove him to be a dangerous and organised offender who seeks to profit from the misery of drug abuse.
“Had our officers not acted when they did, I have little doubt that the firearms would have been used in criminality, possibly endangering the lives of innocent members of the public.”
- 1 Jailed: drug dealer who rammed police with stolen car to escape
- 2 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 3 Beer gardens reopening with face marks, sanitisers and cobblestones
- 4 Boxpark reopening in Shoreditch with face masks and Covid hygiene measures
- 5 Housing protest at Shadwell's Watney Market over service charges hike
- 6 New street market coming to Docklands is Will's passion
- 7 East End pays tribute to Prince Philip
- 8 Hundreds of customers descend on reopened retailers
- 9 'Torrent of hate' stalker tweeted pictures of victim on social media
- 10 Here's why people stay longer in the East End despite the crime
Yoxall, 32, was arrested at his home during the police raid in April last year.
He pleaded guilty to possessing a firearm and ammunition without a certificate as well as being in possession of heroin with intent to supply in May last year.
He also pleaded guilty to possessing a class A drug with intent to supply and received a three year sentence which will be served simultaneously.
He was sentenced at Maidstone Crown Court on Friday.
Det Insp Derham said: “A large quantity of class A drugs were found pre-packaged and ready to be supplied on the streets – a quick profit for an offender like Yoxall who has no regard for the consequences it would have on the users and their families.
“This case sends out a very clear message – if you are involved in criminality in Kent, Kent police has the resources and the ability to bring you to justice irrespective of where you live.”