Jailed: Bethnal Green man who handled phones stolen by moped-riding robbers
- Credit: Archant
A Bethnal Green man has been jailed for handling mobile phones stolen by moped-riding robbers whose victims include former chancellor George Osborne.
Shamsul Chowdhury, of Usk Street, was sentenced to four years and 10 months after pleading guilty to handling stolen goods.
He was jailed in August but the news has only been released today after the robbers were jailed.
Southwark Crown Court heard the raiders carried out more than 103 crimes over five days in Camden, Westminster, Islington, and Kensington and Chelsea between April 18 and May 5 this year.
Victims, who were occasionally threatened with a hammer and a metal bar, had their phones snatched as they walked.
You may also want to watch:
Claude Parkinson, 18, from Islington, and two others aged 16 and 15 who cannot be named because of their age, had previously pleaded guilty to conspiracy to commit robbery.
Parkinson was sentenced to five years and three months while the teenagers were each sentenced to four years and two months.
- 1 Jailed: Bethnal Green man who tried to buy hand grenade to use on police
- 2 Police bid to trace man in connection with Tube station sex assault
- 3 Trial date set for MP Apsana Begum charged with 'housing fraud'
- 4 Tributes paid after Tower Hamlets councillor dies at 40
- 5 Leyton Orient agree new deal with defender Dan Happe
- 6 Travel: Roadworks at Shoreditch and Bishopsgate could slow traffic
- 7 Former Leyton Orient striker Lee Angol joins Bradford City
- 8 Docklands man pleads guilty to firearms offences
- 9 Fear of crime stalked households during Covid lockdown
- 10 Connor Wood keen to keep developing at Leyton Orient under Kenny Jackett