Bethnal Green man jailed for 10 years after stabbing victim three times in head
- Credit: Archant
A man from Bethnal Green has been jailed for 10 years after stabbing another man three times in the head.
Iqbal Ahmed, 40, of Parmiter Street, was sentenced at Snaresbrook Crown Court last Thursday after pleading guilty to grievous bodily harm.
Mr Ahmed had chased a 27-year-old man through Brick Lane at 2.30am on June 30 2013, before attacking him as he fell, causing life-changing injuries.
The weapon used was never found but medical reports state the victim had been stabbed in the head using a sharp-bladed tool with a “severe amount of force”.
Emergency surgery at an east London hospital almost certainly saved his life although the victim’s physical wellbeing has been severely affected.
He remains in a state of recovery and requires further surgery.
Det Sgt Andy Gravestock of Tower Hamlets Police said: “This was a particularly violent attack.
- 1 Girl, 17, held on suspicion of terrorism offences after east London arrest
- 2 Whitechapel dessert shop fined over £5,000 for dumping waste
- 3 Update: Woman, 56, missing in Tower Hamlets found
- 4 Two teenagers charged after 12 phones nicked in stealing spree
- 5 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 6 Cyclist in 'critical but stable' condition after Whitechapel lorry crash
- 7 Section 60 in place across Tower Hamlets after Stepney stabbing
- 8 'A horrific attack': Man suffers critical head injuries from Shoreditch fight
- 9 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 10 Cyclist in hospital after lorry collision in Whitechapel
“The full extent of the damage caused to the quality of life for the victim is yet to be determined.
“Iqbal Ahmed will have time to reflect on this as he serves his sentence.”