Bethnal Green man jailed for 10 years after stabbing victim three times in head
- Credit: Archant
A man from Bethnal Green has been jailed for 10 years after stabbing another man three times in the head.
Iqbal Ahmed, 40, of Parmiter Street, was sentenced at Snaresbrook Crown Court last Thursday after pleading guilty to grievous bodily harm.
Mr Ahmed had chased a 27-year-old man through Brick Lane at 2.30am on June 30 2013, before attacking him as he fell, causing life-changing injuries.
The weapon used was never found but medical reports state the victim had been stabbed in the head using a sharp-bladed tool with a “severe amount of force”.
Emergency surgery at an east London hospital almost certainly saved his life although the victim’s physical wellbeing has been severely affected.
You may also want to watch:
He remains in a state of recovery and requires further surgery.
Det Sgt Andy Gravestock of Tower Hamlets Police said: “This was a particularly violent attack.
- 1 Man in 30s dies after Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 2 Man who stabbed teen at Crossharbour station found guilty of murder
- 3 Police patrols to increase after fatal Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 4 Concern growing for man last seen at Bow Road station
- 5 Police officer sacked after criminal conviction
- 6 Authorities urged to act against 'terrifying' Isle of Dogs car races
- 7 Sentencing of arms dealers set for one year after Isle of Dogs raid
- 8 Two men arrested in connection with Shadwell double stabbing
- 9 Man who died in Mile End park named
- 10 Man found with stab injuries in Stepney
“The full extent of the damage caused to the quality of life for the victim is yet to be determined.
“Iqbal Ahmed will have time to reflect on this as he serves his sentence.”