Bethnal Green man jailed for 10 years after stabbing victim three times in head
- Credit: Archant
A man from Bethnal Green has been jailed for 10 years after stabbing another man three times in the head.
Iqbal Ahmed, 40, of Parmiter Street, was sentenced at Snaresbrook Crown Court last Thursday after pleading guilty to grievous bodily harm.
Mr Ahmed had chased a 27-year-old man through Brick Lane at 2.30am on June 30 2013, before attacking him as he fell, causing life-changing injuries.
The weapon used was never found but medical reports state the victim had been stabbed in the head using a sharp-bladed tool with a “severe amount of force”.
Emergency surgery at an east London hospital almost certainly saved his life although the victim’s physical wellbeing has been severely affected.
You may also want to watch:
He remains in a state of recovery and requires further surgery.
Det Sgt Andy Gravestock of Tower Hamlets Police said: “This was a particularly violent attack.
- 1 Man, 19, stabbed in Stepney Green Park
- 2 Refugee fighting £2,850 claim in lettings agency dispute
- 3 Cyclist in critical condition after 'serious collision' in Bow
- 4 Shoppers queue for bread on opening weekend of new Wapping street market
- 5 Jailed: Teenagers who left victim blind in one eye after train stabbing
- 6 Canary Wharf floats idea for new green restaurant on water
- 7 Shops reopening after lockdown now fear council rent hikes
- 8 Leyton Orient still not at the level top sides are says boss Jobi McAnuff
- 9 'Hold still while I ink your portrait for Captain Tom challenge'
- 10 Volunteers take food for Ramadan to neighbours on Isle of Dogs
“The full extent of the damage caused to the quality of life for the victim is yet to be determined.
“Iqbal Ahmed will have time to reflect on this as he serves his sentence.”