Man injured in Bethnal Green ‘slash’ attack
- Credit: Google
A man suffered “slash” injuries after being attacked in Bethnal Green today.
The victim was treated at the scene in Bethnal Green Road when police and paramedics were called to reports of an assault at about 1.30pm.
He was rushed to hospital with injuries officers consider “not life-threatening”.
A man in his 30s was arrested on suspicion of grievous bodily harm and remains in custody at a nearby police station, according to a Scotland Yard spokeswoman.
“We were called at 1.35pm today to Bethnal Green Road, Tower Hamlets, to reports of an incident,” said a spokeswoman for London Ambulance Service.
You may also want to watch:
“We sent an ambulance crew to the scene. We treated a person and took them to hospital.”
- 1 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 2 Nine Tower Hamlets secondary schools rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 3 Ice cream parlour with 'no added sugar' to open in Canary Wharf
- 4 Leyton Orient boss Jackett full of praise for Sotiriou after Magpies win
- 5 Poplar MP tells court: 'I fled home when brother said I was possessed'
- 6 MP reported ex-husband to police for alleged 'harassment', trial hears
- 7 Fire Brigade deluged with calls for help as floods sweep east London
- 8 Apsana Begum's ex-husband may be behind housing bids, trial hears
- 9 'Set deadline to remove cladding,' Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 10 Man arrested following triple stabbing in Isle of Dogs