Man injured in Bethnal Green ‘slash’ attack
- Credit: Google
A man suffered “slash” injuries after being attacked in Bethnal Green today.
The victim was treated at the scene in Bethnal Green Road when police and paramedics were called to reports of an assault at about 1.30pm.
He was rushed to hospital with injuries officers consider “not life-threatening”.
A man in his 30s was arrested on suspicion of grievous bodily harm and remains in custody at a nearby police station, according to a Scotland Yard spokeswoman.
“We were called at 1.35pm today to Bethnal Green Road, Tower Hamlets, to reports of an incident,” said a spokeswoman for London Ambulance Service.
You may also want to watch:
“We sent an ambulance crew to the scene. We treated a person and took them to hospital.”
- 1 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 2 Isle of Dogs man who murdered teenager at Crossharbour DLR sentenced to 27 years
- 3 Man charged after triple stabbing on night bus in Mile End
- 4 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 5 Why TfL won't restart the night tube on Jubilee line just yet
- 6 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 7 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 8 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 9 Police officers save lives in two sperate emergencies on same shift
- 10 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines