Bow rapper Wiley charged with assault and burglary
- Credit: PA Wire
Bow rapper Wiley has been charged with assault and burglary after an alleged incident at the Forest Gate home of a former kickboxer.
The performer is accused of breaking into the flat on Romford Road on August 28, smashing plates and assaulting Ali Jacko.
Wiley - real name Richard Kylea Cowie Jr - is due to appear at Thames Magistrates’ Court on September 13 charged with assault by beating and burglary with intent to cause criminal damage.
The 42-year-old had been using Mr Jacko’s recording studio before the pandemic.
A spokesperson for the Metropolitan Police said: “At around 10pm on Saturday, August 28, police were called to a flat in Romford Road, Forest Gate.
You may also want to watch:
“It was alleged that a man had entered the flat, assaulted the occupant and caused criminal damage to property. The man was arrested and taken into custody.
“The occupant, an adult male, sustained a minor injury. London Ambulance Service were not required.”
- 1 Sentencing of arms dealers set for one year after Isle of Dogs raid
- 2 Two men arrested in connection with Shadwell double stabbing
- 3 Man found with stab injuries in Stepney
- 4 Teenager suffers 'life-changing' injuries after alleged attack in Shadwell
- 5 Jailed: Robbers who targeted OAPs at east London cashpoints
- 6 Jailed: Tower Hamlets man who tried to rape another man
- 7 Man who died in Mile End park named
- 8 Leyton Orient seal first away win of the season at Bristol Rovers
- 9 Joe Gallen full of praise for O's forwards in Bristol Rovers victory
- 10 Travel round-up: Road and rail disruptions this week