Bow woman admits helping her boyfriend after he escaped from Pentoville prison
- Credit: MPS
A woman from Bow has admitted helping her boyfriend after he escaped from Pentoville prison by sawing through a metal bar and clambering over the roof.
Chelsea Gibson, 25, of Four Seasons Close, assisted 29-year-old Matthew Baker who was serving a minimum term of 10 years and had a string of convictions for violent offences including assaulting a police officer.
Baker went on the run with prolific burglar James Whitlock, 32, in November last year with staff not realising they had escaped until 15 hours after they were last seen.
Baker was found two days later hiding under a bed at his sister Kelly’s home in Ilford with dyed hair.
Today he was jailed for 30 months and Whitlock 24 months.
You may also want to watch:
Both will serve their terms consecutively with their current prison sentences.
Gibson, pleaded guilty to assisting an escaped prisoner, and Baker, who admitted harbouring an escaped prisoner, will be sentenced on July 3.
- 1 Politicians join forces on referendum about Tower Hamlets mayor
- 2 Man, 19, stabbed in Stepney Green Park
- 3 Refugee fighting £2,850 claim in lettings agency dispute
- 4 Cyclist in critical condition after 'serious collision' in Bow
- 5 Shoppers queue for bread on opening weekend of new Wapping street market
- 6 Unmesh Desai: British Bangladeshi community is important part of the East End
- 7 Shops reopening after lockdown now fear council rent hikes
- 8 Jailed: Teenagers who left victim blind in one eye after train stabbing
- 9 Community group founder calls for mandatory ethnic pay gap reporting
- 10 'Torrent of hate' stalker tweeted pictures of victim on social media