Bow woman admits helping her boyfriend after he escaped from Pentoville prison
- Credit: MPS
A woman from Bow has admitted helping her boyfriend after he escaped from Pentoville prison by sawing through a metal bar and clambering over the roof.
Chelsea Gibson, 25, of Four Seasons Close, assisted 29-year-old Matthew Baker who was serving a minimum term of 10 years and had a string of convictions for violent offences including assaulting a police officer.
Baker went on the run with prolific burglar James Whitlock, 32, in November last year with staff not realising they had escaped until 15 hours after they were last seen.
Baker was found two days later hiding under a bed at his sister Kelly’s home in Ilford with dyed hair.
Today he was jailed for 30 months and Whitlock 24 months.
You may also want to watch:
Both will serve their terms consecutively with their current prison sentences.
Gibson, pleaded guilty to assisting an escaped prisoner, and Baker, who admitted harbouring an escaped prisoner, will be sentenced on July 3.
- 1 Man in 30s dies after Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 2 Man who stabbed teen at Crossharbour station found guilty of murder
- 3 Police patrols to increase after fatal Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 4 Concern growing for man last seen at Bow Road station
- 5 Police officer sacked after criminal conviction
- 6 Authorities urged to act against 'terrifying' Isle of Dogs car races
- 7 Sentencing of arms dealers set for one year after Isle of Dogs raid
- 8 Two men arrested in connection with Shadwell double stabbing
- 9 Man who died in Mile End park named
- 10 Man found with stab injuries in Stepney