Bow woman admits helping her boyfriend after he escaped from Pentoville prison
- Credit: MPS
A woman from Bow has admitted helping her boyfriend after he escaped from Pentoville prison by sawing through a metal bar and clambering over the roof.
Chelsea Gibson, 25, of Four Seasons Close, assisted 29-year-old Matthew Baker who was serving a minimum term of 10 years and had a string of convictions for violent offences including assaulting a police officer.
Baker went on the run with prolific burglar James Whitlock, 32, in November last year with staff not realising they had escaped until 15 hours after they were last seen.
Baker was found two days later hiding under a bed at his sister Kelly’s home in Ilford with dyed hair.
Today he was jailed for 30 months and Whitlock 24 months.
Both will serve their terms consecutively with their current prison sentences.
Gibson, pleaded guilty to assisting an escaped prisoner, and Baker, who admitted harbouring an escaped prisoner, will be sentenced on July 3.
- 1 Bow man charged with drugs supply and criminal property offences
- 2 Bow man appears in court charged with murder after body found in cemetery
- 3 East End's 'last' Victorian funeral parlour being restored - and opens as burger bar
- 4 Shoreditch floral café blooms at new premises in Bethnal Green
- 5 New Kray twins book to explore lives of gangsters 'aside from the crimes'
- 6 Jailed: Man who robbed and blackmailed men he met on Grindr
- 7 How often do Londoners cycle to work in each borough?
- 8 Councillor says he 'hopes to lose' next election
- 9 Ranjith Kankanamalage death: Man charged with murder
- 10 'Time to end the injustice': Barts staff set to strike amid pay dispute