Tower Hamlets police raids: Boy, 16, among 22 people charged with drug offences
- Credit: Met Pol/LBTH
A 16-year-old boy is among 22 people who have been charged with drug offences after police carried out a series of dawn raids at addresses in Tower Hamlets.
Officers stormed the homes and several addresses in east London on Wednesday morning.
The boy, who cannot be named for legal reasons, will appear before Stratford Youth Court on June 28.
The others were at Thames Magistrates’ Court yesterday and have been remanded in custody.
Imthiaz Islam, 21, of Beccles Street, Limehouse and Atefur Rahman, 18, of Beadnell House in Ordell Road, Bow, both admitted supplying crack cocaine and crack heroin.
Salikul Rahman, 22, from Gravesend, admitted two counts of the supply of crack heroin and the supply of crack cocaine.
All three will appear at Snaresbrook Crown Court for sentencing on June 14.
- 1 Work begins on £300m Chrisp Street Market redevelopment
- 2 Council houses named after Matchgirls Strike leader
- 3 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 4 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 5 County lines drug dealer jailed
- 6 Plans to cut up to 600 Tube station jobs amid TfL 'funding crisis'
- 7 Housing association apologises after sewage leaks at Isle of Dogs tower blocks
- 8 Liveable Streets: Councillors remove some Brick Lane closures after 'backlash'
- 9 Traffic slow moving in Limehouse and Poplar due to burst water main
- 10 Festive events and family days out in east London this weekend
The remaining 18 men will appear before Snaresbrook Crown Court on July 5.
They are: Habibur Rahman, 22, of Swaton Road, Bow, Junel Ahmed, 23, and Ruhel Ahmed, 30, both of Berner Terrace, Whitechapel, Raja Miah, 23, of Trafalgar Gardens, Stepney, Mohammed Hussain, 22, of Hewlett Road, Bow, Jamile Hussain, 24, of Shadwell Garden, Shadwell, Oliur Rahman, 23, of Chapman Street, Shadwell, Rakib Uddin, 23, of Robert Sutton House in Tarling Street, Shadwell, Soliman Rabi, 18, of Hoover Tower in Lanterns Way, Poplar, Mohammed Maruf, 23, of Broomfield Street, Limehouse, Abu Taher Siddiki, 24, of Galsworthy Avenue, Limehouse, Mohammed Sherwaan Chowdhury, 18, of Sidney Street, Whitechapel, Ahmed Tashmeeth, 20, of Chapman Street, Shadwell, Rohel Ahmed, 31, Azov House in Commodore Street, Mile End, Emanur Rahman, 21, of Beadnell Court in Ordell Road, Mohammed Ahmed, 24, of Bacon Street, Shoreditch, Rashiq Uddin, 26, from Ilford.
Mohammed Maruf is also charged with possession of an imitation firearm.