Tower Hamlets police raids: Boy, 16, among 22 people charged with drug offences
- Credit: Met Pol/LBTH
A 16-year-old boy is among 22 people who have been charged with drug offences after police carried out a series of dawn raids at addresses in Tower Hamlets.
Officers stormed the homes and several addresses in east London on Wednesday morning.
The boy, who cannot be named for legal reasons, will appear before Stratford Youth Court on June 28.
The others were at Thames Magistrates’ Court yesterday and have been remanded in custody.
Imthiaz Islam, 21, of Beccles Street, Limehouse and Atefur Rahman, 18, of Beadnell House in Ordell Road, Bow, both admitted supplying crack cocaine and crack heroin.
Salikul Rahman, 22, from Gravesend, admitted two counts of the supply of crack heroin and the supply of crack cocaine.
All three will appear at Snaresbrook Crown Court for sentencing on June 14.
- 1 Woman treated at scene as 40 firefighters called to Bow tower block
- 2 Bow Lock murder defendants blame each other for fatal attack
- 3 Three stabbed in Chrisp Street chicken shop
- 4 8 charged after drugs raids in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 5 Council rapped by ombudsman after not following safeguarding procedures
- 6 Census 2021 indicates baby boom in one east London borough
- 7 V&A launches festival to celebrate 150 years in Bethnal Green
- 8 Roman Road shop blaze 'believed to be accidental'
- 9 Moncur 'overwhelmed' to join Leyton Orient
- 10 Footballer convicted of hate crime after homophobic abuse of opponent
The remaining 18 men will appear before Snaresbrook Crown Court on July 5.
They are: Habibur Rahman, 22, of Swaton Road, Bow, Junel Ahmed, 23, and Ruhel Ahmed, 30, both of Berner Terrace, Whitechapel, Raja Miah, 23, of Trafalgar Gardens, Stepney, Mohammed Hussain, 22, of Hewlett Road, Bow, Jamile Hussain, 24, of Shadwell Garden, Shadwell, Oliur Rahman, 23, of Chapman Street, Shadwell, Rakib Uddin, 23, of Robert Sutton House in Tarling Street, Shadwell, Soliman Rabi, 18, of Hoover Tower in Lanterns Way, Poplar, Mohammed Maruf, 23, of Broomfield Street, Limehouse, Abu Taher Siddiki, 24, of Galsworthy Avenue, Limehouse, Mohammed Sherwaan Chowdhury, 18, of Sidney Street, Whitechapel, Ahmed Tashmeeth, 20, of Chapman Street, Shadwell, Rohel Ahmed, 31, Azov House in Commodore Street, Mile End, Emanur Rahman, 21, of Beadnell Court in Ordell Road, Mohammed Ahmed, 24, of Bacon Street, Shoreditch, Rashiq Uddin, 26, from Ilford.
Mohammed Maruf is also charged with possession of an imitation firearm.