Tower Hamlets police raids: Boy, 16, among 22 people charged with drug offences
- Credit: Met Pol/LBTH
A 16-year-old boy is among 22 people who have been charged with drug offences after police carried out a series of dawn raids at addresses in Tower Hamlets.
Officers stormed the homes and several addresses in east London on Wednesday morning.
The boy, who cannot be named for legal reasons, will appear before Stratford Youth Court on June 28.
The others were at Thames Magistrates’ Court yesterday and have been remanded in custody.
Imthiaz Islam, 21, of Beccles Street, Limehouse and Atefur Rahman, 18, of Beadnell House in Ordell Road, Bow, both admitted supplying crack cocaine and crack heroin.
You may also want to watch:
Salikul Rahman, 22, from Gravesend, admitted two counts of the supply of crack heroin and the supply of crack cocaine.
All three will appear at Snaresbrook Crown Court for sentencing on June 14.
- 1 Jailed: drug dealer who rammed police with stolen car to escape
- 2 East End pays tribute to Prince Philip
- 3 Housing protest at Shadwell's Watney Market over service charges hike
- 4 Boxpark reopening in Shoreditch with face masks and Covid hygiene measures
- 5 Pictures: Remembering Prince Philip's visits to east London
- 6 Woman from Limehouse charged after Kill the Bill protest
- 7 Fire crews fight blaze in railway arch in Bow
- 8 New street market coming to Docklands is Will's passion
- 9 'Torrent of hate' stalker tweeted pictures of victim on social media
- 10 Jailed: Smash-and-grab perfume raiders get 18 years between them
The remaining 18 men will appear before Snaresbrook Crown Court on July 5.
They are: Habibur Rahman, 22, of Swaton Road, Bow, Junel Ahmed, 23, and Ruhel Ahmed, 30, both of Berner Terrace, Whitechapel, Raja Miah, 23, of Trafalgar Gardens, Stepney, Mohammed Hussain, 22, of Hewlett Road, Bow, Jamile Hussain, 24, of Shadwell Garden, Shadwell, Oliur Rahman, 23, of Chapman Street, Shadwell, Rakib Uddin, 23, of Robert Sutton House in Tarling Street, Shadwell, Soliman Rabi, 18, of Hoover Tower in Lanterns Way, Poplar, Mohammed Maruf, 23, of Broomfield Street, Limehouse, Abu Taher Siddiki, 24, of Galsworthy Avenue, Limehouse, Mohammed Sherwaan Chowdhury, 18, of Sidney Street, Whitechapel, Ahmed Tashmeeth, 20, of Chapman Street, Shadwell, Rohel Ahmed, 31, Azov House in Commodore Street, Mile End, Emanur Rahman, 21, of Beadnell Court in Ordell Road, Mohammed Ahmed, 24, of Bacon Street, Shoreditch, Rashiq Uddin, 26, from Ilford.
Mohammed Maruf is also charged with possession of an imitation firearm.