Boy, 16, denies carrying out six acid attacks in Shoreditch and Islington
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association Ima
A 16-year-old boy has denied carrying out a spate of moped acid attacks in less than 90 minutes in Shoreditch and Islington.
The teenager allegedly targeted six victims, all men on bikes, spraying them in the face with a noxious liquid.
He is charged with 13 offences in connection with the incident on July 13, all of which he denies.
The defendant, who cannot be named because of his age, spoke only to confirm his details and enter pleas at the Stratford Youth Court hearing on Monday.
He is charged with GBH with intent, possession of a weapon designed to discharge a noxious liquid, two counts of robbery, four counts of attempted robbery and five counts of attempted GBH with intent.
You may also want to watch:
He also faces another charge of robbery of a moped on June 25 in a separate incident in Stratford, which he also denies.
The boy, from Croydon, was remanded in custody to appear at Wood Green Crown Court on August 14.
- 1 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 2 Why some families can't leave Bow's 'dangerous structure' tower block
- 3 Two hospitalised as 60 firefighters tackle blaze in Stratford
- 4 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 5 Trees planted to remember people who died of Covid in the East End
- 6 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 7 Fast food! Lewis Hamilton-backed chain opening east London branches
- 8 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 9 O's will need a much improved display against leaders Forest Green
- 10 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020