Boy, 16, denies carrying out six acid attacks in Shoreditch and Islington
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association Ima
A 16-year-old boy has denied carrying out a spate of moped acid attacks in less than 90 minutes in Shoreditch and Islington.
The teenager allegedly targeted six victims, all men on bikes, spraying them in the face with a noxious liquid.
He is charged with 13 offences in connection with the incident on July 13, all of which he denies.
The defendant, who cannot be named because of his age, spoke only to confirm his details and enter pleas at the Stratford Youth Court hearing on Monday.
He is charged with GBH with intent, possession of a weapon designed to discharge a noxious liquid, two counts of robbery, four counts of attempted robbery and five counts of attempted GBH with intent.
You may also want to watch:
He also faces another charge of robbery of a moped on June 25 in a separate incident in Stratford, which he also denies.
The boy, from Croydon, was remanded in custody to appear at Wood Green Crown Court on August 14.
- 1 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 2 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 3 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 4 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 5 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 6 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 7 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 8 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 9 Leyton Orient boss is expecting more transfer movement in the window
- 10 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week