Boy, 19, stabbed in head after breaking up teen gangs in Bow
A 19-year-old boy was stabbed in the head after trying to break up a fight between two teenage gangs.
He was also knifed in the torso after getting in between the group of about 15 to 20 youths in Bow on Friday.
The victim was walking along Alfred Street at about 3.45pm when he came across the violent scenes.
Two groups of youths, all thought to be aged 15 to 16, had set upon each other.
The victim was taken to hospital but discharged over the weekend.
You may also want to watch:
He is not believed to have suffered any serious injuries.
- 1 Isle of Dogs man who murdered teenager at Crossharbour DLR sentenced to 27 years
- 2 Man charged after triple stabbing on night bus in Mile End
- 3 New pizza restaurant opening with drag and disco party
- 4 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 5 Why TfL won't restart the night tube on Jubilee line just yet
- 6 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 7 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 8 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 9 Rabina Khan: 'We need powers to hold housing associations accountable'
- 10 Police officers save lives in two sperate emergencies on same shift