Boy, 19, stabbed in head after breaking up teen gangs in Bow
A 19-year-old boy was stabbed in the head after trying to break up a fight between two teenage gangs.
He was also knifed in the torso after getting in between the group of about 15 to 20 youths in Bow on Friday.
The victim was walking along Alfred Street at about 3.45pm when he came across the violent scenes.
Two groups of youths, all thought to be aged 15 to 16, had set upon each other.
The victim was taken to hospital but discharged over the weekend.
You may also want to watch:
He is not believed to have suffered any serious injuries.
- 1 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 2 Jailed: drug dealer who rammed police with stolen car to escape
- 3 Beer gardens reopening with face marks, sanitisers and cobblestones
- 4 Boxpark reopening in Shoreditch with face masks and Covid hygiene measures
- 5 Housing protest at Shadwell's Watney Market over service charges hike
- 6 Hundreds of customers descend on reopened retailers
- 7 New street market coming to Docklands is Will's passion
- 8 East End pays tribute to Prince Philip
- 9 Opposing 'privatisation of NHS by stealth'
- 10 Jailed: Smash-and-grab perfume raiders get 18 years between them