Boy, 19, stabbed in head after breaking up teen gangs in Bow
A 19-year-old boy was stabbed in the head after trying to break up a fight between two teenage gangs.
He was also knifed in the torso after getting in between the group of about 15 to 20 youths in Bow on Friday.
The victim was walking along Alfred Street at about 3.45pm when he came across the violent scenes.
Two groups of youths, all thought to be aged 15 to 16, had set upon each other.
The victim was taken to hospital but discharged over the weekend.
You may also want to watch:
He is not believed to have suffered any serious injuries.
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 5 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 6 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 7 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 8 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 9 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 10 Pressure on government to provide laptops for lockdown learning