Bromley-by-Bow cannabis factory raided after police follow their noses
Bobbies who noticed a “strong smell” while out on the beat had their suspicions confirmed when a subsequent raid uncovered more than 150 cannabis plants.
Officers patrolling Bromley-by-Bow noticed the smell and obtained a search warrant within hours to raid the address it was emanating from.
Cannabis plants were found growing in the bedrooms and living room, with a sophisticated ventilation and irrigation system.
PC Whitwell, who attended Thames Magistrates Court to obtain the search warrant, said: “This was a great result. Someone will be in for a surprise when they discover all their time and effort has been for nothing.”
Officers shut the factory down after forensically examining the premises, and seizing the plants and equipment used for their production.
You may also want to watch:
No arrests have yet been made, but officers said enquiries are ongoing.
- 1 Jailed: drug dealer who rammed police with stolen car to escape
- 2 East End pays tribute to Prince Philip
- 3 Housing protest at Shadwell's Watney Market over service charges hike
- 4 Boxpark reopening in Shoreditch with face masks and Covid hygiene measures
- 5 Woman from Limehouse charged after Kill the Bill protest
- 6 Fire crews fight blaze in railway arch in Bow
- 7 'Torrent of hate' stalker tweeted pictures of victim on social media
- 8 Pictures: Remembering Prince Philip's visits to east London
- 9 Jailed: Smash-and-grab perfume raiders get 18 years between them
- 10 New street market coming to Docklands is Will's passion