Bromley-by-Bow cannabis factory raided after police follow their noses
Bobbies who noticed a “strong smell” while out on the beat had their suspicions confirmed when a subsequent raid uncovered more than 150 cannabis plants.
Officers patrolling Bromley-by-Bow noticed the smell and obtained a search warrant within hours to raid the address it was emanating from.
Cannabis plants were found growing in the bedrooms and living room, with a sophisticated ventilation and irrigation system.
PC Whitwell, who attended Thames Magistrates Court to obtain the search warrant, said: “This was a great result. Someone will be in for a surprise when they discover all their time and effort has been for nothing.”
Officers shut the factory down after forensically examining the premises, and seizing the plants and equipment used for their production.
No arrests have yet been made, but officers said enquiries are ongoing.
- 1 East London boroughs lag behind rest of country for Covid booster uptake
- 2 Jailed: Man who robbed and blackmailed men he met on Grindr
- 3 Ranjith Kankanamalage death: Man charged with murder
- 4 Councillor says he 'hopes to lose' next election
- 5 Gun found in car as Met makes 130 arrests during drugs op
- 6 Travel disruptions: Hackney, Islington, Tower Hamlets, Newham
- 7 Jailed: Rapist who repeatedly attacked woman in her own home
- 8 Lib Dem candidate for Tower Hamlets mayor announced
- 9 Olympian burglary: Men with links to Plaistow and Isle of Dogs wanted
- 10 Patients with Covid in east London hospitals fall after rising for weeks