Brother who murdered Gemma McCluskie in prison suicide bid
- Credit: [family]
The brother who murdered EastEnders’ actress Gemma McCluskie is reported to have attempted suicide.
Prison guards discovered 36-year-old Tony McCluskie hanging from a bunk bed in his cell at Belmarsh in south-west London during their rounds.
They managed to save him and he was later recovering in hospital, according to press reports.
He was jailed in January after an Old Bailey trial found him guilty of Gemma’s murder at the ex-council maisonette they shared in Pelter Street, Bethnal Green, last year.
Gemma’s torso was found dismembered a week later in the Regent’s Canal off Kingsland Road at Haggerston, a mile away.
You may also want to watch:
Her limbs were discovered in black bags a week after that. But her head was not found for six months.
Gemma, who played Kerry Skinner in the TV soap since 2001, was last seen attending the opening of the new Royal London Hospital in Whitechapel in March last year.
- 1 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 2 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 3 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 4 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 5 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 6 'We need laptops for lockdown children to learn from home’ Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 7 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 8 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 9 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff