Brother who murdered Gemma McCluskie in prison suicide bid
- Credit: [family]
The brother who murdered EastEnders’ actress Gemma McCluskie is reported to have attempted suicide.
Prison guards discovered 36-year-old Tony McCluskie hanging from a bunk bed in his cell at Belmarsh in south-west London during their rounds.
They managed to save him and he was later recovering in hospital, according to press reports.
He was jailed in January after an Old Bailey trial found him guilty of Gemma’s murder at the ex-council maisonette they shared in Pelter Street, Bethnal Green, last year.
Gemma’s torso was found dismembered a week later in the Regent’s Canal off Kingsland Road at Haggerston, a mile away.
You may also want to watch:
Her limbs were discovered in black bags a week after that. But her head was not found for six months.
Gemma, who played Kerry Skinner in the TV soap since 2001, was last seen attending the opening of the new Royal London Hospital in Whitechapel in March last year.
- 1 'Stop building more towers,' MP at protest after New Providence Wharf fire
- 2 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 3 Racist vandalism keyed on cars parked in street on Isle of Dogs
- 4 Leyton Orient have announced their retained list as they begin rebuild
- 5 MP's fury at four-year delay removing Grenfell-type cladding from block
- 6 Tower Hamlets votes to keep directly-elected mayoral post
- 7 'Halt to development draining services' after win for neighbourhood plan
- 8 Unmesh Desai on his priorities after winning City and East election
- 9 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 10 Blaze at Canary Wharf tower block with cladding issue