Brother who murdered Gemma McCluskie in prison suicide bid
- Credit: [family]
The brother who murdered EastEnders’ actress Gemma McCluskie is reported to have attempted suicide.
Prison guards discovered 36-year-old Tony McCluskie hanging from a bunk bed in his cell at Belmarsh in south-west London during their rounds.
They managed to save him and he was later recovering in hospital, according to press reports.
He was jailed in January after an Old Bailey trial found him guilty of Gemma’s murder at the ex-council maisonette they shared in Pelter Street, Bethnal Green, last year.
Gemma’s torso was found dismembered a week later in the Regent’s Canal off Kingsland Road at Haggerston, a mile away.
You may also want to watch:
Her limbs were discovered in black bags a week after that. But her head was not found for six months.
Gemma, who played Kerry Skinner in the TV soap since 2001, was last seen attending the opening of the new Royal London Hospital in Whitechapel in March last year.
- 1 Tower Hamlets stages Covid jab festival
- 2 Tyrese Omotoye impresses on O's trial as Ouss Cisse looks set to depart
- 3 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure
- 4 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 5 Campaigners oppose plans to change voting system for Tower Hamlets mayor
- 6 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 7 From Shoreditch to Las Vegas: New bingo hall for Hackney
- 8 Campaigners taking on town hall to keep Isle of Dogs youth club open
- 9 'Vexatious charges': MP turns on accusers after acquittal in fraud trial
- 10 Vigil for June Harvey one year on from Bow crane tragedy