Burglar breaks into Alzheimer’s sufferer’s bedroom in Bromley as she lies in bed
- Credit: Archant
This is the moment a man broke into an elderly woman’s bedroom in Bromley as she was in bed.
On Tuesday, March 6 at around 6.30pm, the 90-year-old Alzheimer’s sufferer was in bed in Blackbrook Lane, Bromley, when a man forced open her bedroom window and climbed inside.
Because of her illness, family had installed CCTV cameras in the victim’s home. Footage shows the man, thought to be between his mid 30s and early 40s, rummaging around in her dresser, before going into the woman’s living room and returning to the bedroom.
Asked what he was doing, he replied: “I am looking for jewellery.”
He patted the victim on the shoulder before leaving, holding a white paper bag full of jewellery.
You may also want to watch:
DC Dean Roberts, Bromley police, said: “This incident has left the victim absolutely terrified and her family devastated. She has been targeted in a place where she has every right to feel at her most safe and comfortable.
“We believe a torch light was shone through the window while the man was inside, suggesting there may have been an accomplice who was not caught on camera. Did you see two people acting suspiciously in the area?
- 1 Jailed: Teenagers who left victim blind in one eye after train stabbing
- 2 New street market coming to Docklands is Will's passion
- 3 Patient group set up over allegations of 'poor care' at Royal London
- 4 Canary Wharf floats idea for new green restaurant on water
- 5 Brick Lane's famous bagel shop launches delivery service
- 6 Updated appeal for information about man last seen in Poplar in January
- 7 Leyton Orient seal win over Barrow to move just one point off the play-offs
- 8 MPs pledge to fight on for 'forgotten victims' of IRA Canary Wharf bombing
- 9 Leyton Orient boss McAnuff wants his side to impose themselves on Barrow
- 10 Fire crews fight blaze at pub in Hackney Wick
“I would urge anyone with information to call us as soon as possible.”
Anyone with information should call Bromley CID on 07818 454 470 or via 101. Alternatively, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or tweet @MetCC.