Hunt for man after women sexually assaulted on buses
- Credit: Met Police
Detectives investigating a series of sexual assaults on buses have released a picture of a man they would like to speak to.
The nine offences, which are being linked, took place between Thursday, July 4 and Wednesday, September 25.
They include one on board a 254 bus, which runs from Aldgate to Islington via Whitechapel and Bethnal Green.
Other incidents have taken place on bus routes 38, 48, 279, 149 and 253, mainly between 7pm and 11pm.
The majority of women to be targeted were in their 20s, with the oldest victim aged 62. None were left with physical injuries but Det Con Teresa Moore said the women were "very upset and shocked".
You may also want to watch:
She added: "We clearly need to find whoever is responsible for these assaults, and I would like to thank the women for coming forward to report them.
"It is imperative women in London should be able to board public transport without fear of being targeted."
- 1 Patient group set up over allegations of 'poor care' at Royal London
- 2 Mother and son taken to hospital during "severe" fire in Bow
- 3 Beer gardens reopening with face masks, sanitisers and cobblestones
- 4 Volunteers take food for Ramadan to neighbours on Isle of Dogs
- 5 Jailed: drug dealer who rammed police with stolen car to escape
- 6 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 7 Here's why people stay longer in the East End despite the crime
- 8 Hundreds of customers descend on reopened retailers
- 9 'Torrent of hate' stalker tweeted pictures of victim on social media
- 10 Former Bagel Factory turned into creative studios to rent out
Anyone who recognises the man pictured is asked to call the roads and transport policing command on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.