Hunt for man after women sexually assaulted on buses
- Credit: Met Police
Detectives investigating a series of sexual assaults on buses have released a picture of a man they would like to speak to.
The nine offences, which are being linked, took place between Thursday, July 4 and Wednesday, September 25.
They include one on board a 254 bus, which runs from Aldgate to Islington via Whitechapel and Bethnal Green.
Other incidents have taken place on bus routes 38, 48, 279, 149 and 253, mainly between 7pm and 11pm.
The majority of women to be targeted were in their 20s, with the oldest victim aged 62. None were left with physical injuries but Det Con Teresa Moore said the women were "very upset and shocked".
You may also want to watch:
She added: "We clearly need to find whoever is responsible for these assaults, and I would like to thank the women for coming forward to report them.
"It is imperative women in London should be able to board public transport without fear of being targeted."
- 1 Luxury Canary Wharf flats going for lower rent set by the council
- 2 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 3 Isle of Dogs man who murdered teenager at Crossharbour DLR sentenced to 27 years
- 4 Go-ahead given for 315 more homes in third stage of Blackwall Reach scheme
- 5 Man charged after triple stabbing on night bus in Mile End
- 6 'Grief and queer coming of age' theatre show to be put on for London Horror Festival
- 7 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 8 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 9 Why TfL won't restart the night tube on Jubilee line just yet
- 10 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
Anyone who recognises the man pictured is asked to call the roads and transport policing command on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.