Hunt for man after women sexually assaulted on buses
- Credit: Met Police
Detectives investigating a series of sexual assaults on buses have released a picture of a man they would like to speak to.
The nine offences, which are being linked, took place between Thursday, July 4 and Wednesday, September 25.
They include one on board a 254 bus, which runs from Aldgate to Islington via Whitechapel and Bethnal Green.
Other incidents have taken place on bus routes 38, 48, 279, 149 and 253, mainly between 7pm and 11pm.
The majority of women to be targeted were in their 20s, with the oldest victim aged 62. None were left with physical injuries but Det Con Teresa Moore said the women were "very upset and shocked".
You may also want to watch:
She added: "We clearly need to find whoever is responsible for these assaults, and I would like to thank the women for coming forward to report them.
"It is imperative women in London should be able to board public transport without fear of being targeted."
- 1 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 2 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 3 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 4 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 5 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 6 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 7 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 8 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 9 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 10 Streets around proposed Chinese embassy building could be renamed after persecuted Muslims
Anyone who recognises the man pictured is asked to call the roads and transport policing command on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.