Victim of fatal stabbing at Bow Lock named by police
- Credit: Met Police
A man who died at the canalside near the Bow Lock has been identified as 22-year-old Mohammed Aqil Mahdi from Camden.
Police were called at around 8.45am on Saturday to Navigation Road next to the Hertford Cut by ambulance paramedics who were treating Mohammed with stab wounds.
But Mohammed was pronounced dead at the scene. A post-mortem examination is being arranged.
His family, who were contacted on Saturday, are being supported by specialist officers.
Formal identification is yet to take place, but Scotland Yard said today (November 8) he is believed to be Mohammed Aqil Mahdi who lived in the Camden area of north London.
The police investigation is being led by homicide detectives from the Met's Specialist Crime team. There have been no arrests.
Det Ch Insp Laurence Smith said he is "determined to get justice for his family".
- 1 Single van racks up £36k of fines in Tower Hamlets
- 2 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 3 Delayed Canary Wharf 'portacabin' hotel hopes to open in 2022
- 4 County lines drug dealer jailed
- 5 Liveable Streets: Councillors remove some Brick Lane closures after 'backlash'
- 6 Free vegan food at Spitalfields Market
- 7 Trio accused of Bow Lock murder were 'associates' of victim 'Aqil' Mahdi
- 8 Housing association apologises after sewage leaks at Isle of Dogs tower blocks
- 9 East London man charged with six terrorism offences
- 10 Man masturbates on Central line train in front of two women
"Our investigation is at an early stage, but we are making progress," he said.
Detectives are appealing for witnesses or "anyone who saw anything that may be significant" to call 101, with reference 2171/06NOV, or Crimestoppers anonymously, on 0800 555111.