Teenager, 17, arrested after car crashes into Bow apartment building
- Credit: Helen Goddard
A teenager has been arrested on suspicion of theft of a motor vehicle after a car crashed into an apartment building in Bow last night.
Police were called at 9.46pm on Monday (August 1) to reports of a road traffic collision in Bow Common Lane.
The car had knocked down a number of bollards and crashed into the entrance of Thimble Court, Scotland Yard said.
The Met said there were no reported injuries.
A spokesperson said: "A 17-year-old boy was arrested on suspicion of theft of a motor vehicle.
"He was taken to a north London police station where he remains in custody.
- 1 Archie Battersbee dies: Hospital staff showed 'extraordinary compassion'
- 2 Canary Wharf Underground station stabbing leaves man in hospital
- 3 Investigation under way after fire and explosion at Shoreditch block
- 4 Ongoing gas leak after fire and explosion in Shoreditch
- 5 Leyton Orient 'don't really need' Forest Green Rovers cup tie says Wellens
- 6 Biggest 'shooting star' meteor shower to peak this week
- 7 'Ruthless' killer sentenced for Isle of Dogs murder
- 8 Teenager, 17, arrested after car crashes into Bow apartment building
- 9 Jailed: Eight east London offenders locked up in July
- 10 Extreme heat: Met Office issues warning as temperatures set to soar
Bow Common Lane was closed while police and firefighters dealt with the scene.