Jailed: Child rapist who preyed on girl, 10, while staying with family in Tower Hamlets
- Credit: PA WIRE
A child rapist who preyed on a 10-year-old girl while her mother slept in the room next door was jailed for nearly a decade today (Friday).
John Carrasco Lopez, 25, was found out when the mother asked about her daughter’s bleeding and stomach cramps, and called police.
He committed the “despicable act” on April 15 while staying with the victim’s family in Tower Hamlets, police said.
Snaresbrook Crown Court heard how Lopez was watching television in the sitting room that evening while the 10-year-old, who cannot be named for legal reasons, played with her dolls.
Lopez, an Ecuadorian national, then took the girl on the sofa and raped her.
You may also want to watch:
He was sentenced to eight years and one month behind bars with an extended year on licence, given a sexual harm prevention order and will be deported to his home country after pleading guilty to one count of raping a girl under the age of 16 years on August 13.
- 1 Vigil for June Harvey one year on from Bow crane tragedy
- 2 'Vexatious charges': MP turns on accusers after acquittal in fraud trial
- 3 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 4 Poplar MP acquitted of Tower Hamlets housing fraud
- 5 Mum plans to use Raine's Foundation site for new East Park church school
- 6 Home Office pours £1m into tackling drug-related problems in East End
- 7 Apsana Begum's ex-husband may be behind housing bids, trial hears
- 8 Unlocked rooms created 'radiation exposure risk' at hospital, inspectors report
- 9 Poplar MP tells court: 'I fled home when brother said I was possessed'
- 10 Leyton Orient still looking to add one or two new signings