Jailed: Child rapist who preyed on girl, 10, while staying with family in Tower Hamlets
- Credit: PA WIRE
A child rapist who preyed on a 10-year-old girl while her mother slept in the room next door was jailed for nearly a decade today (Friday).
John Carrasco Lopez, 25, was found out when the mother asked about her daughter’s bleeding and stomach cramps, and called police.
He committed the “despicable act” on April 15 while staying with the victim’s family in Tower Hamlets, police said.
Snaresbrook Crown Court heard how Lopez was watching television in the sitting room that evening while the 10-year-old, who cannot be named for legal reasons, played with her dolls.
Lopez, an Ecuadorian national, then took the girl on the sofa and raped her.
You may also want to watch:
He was sentenced to eight years and one month behind bars with an extended year on licence, given a sexual harm prevention order and will be deported to his home country after pleading guilty to one count of raping a girl under the age of 16 years on August 13.
- 1 Tackling Covid blamed for yet more threats to public services
- 2 Windows smashed in Extinction Rebellion protest at Canary Wharf bank HQ
- 3 Politicians join forces on referendum about Tower Hamlets mayor
- 4 Man, 19, stabbed in Stepney Green Park
- 5 Meeting ex-banker London mayoral candidate Brian Rose
- 6 Shoppers queue for bread on opening weekend of new Wapping street market
- 7 Cyclist in critical condition after 'serious collision' in Bow
- 8 Jailed: Teenagers who left victim blind in one eye after train stabbing
- 9 Refugee fighting £2,850 claim in lettings agency dispute
- 10 Canary Wharf floats idea for new green restaurant on water