Woman in serious condition after Shadwell crash
- Credit: Google Maps
Police are appealing for witnesses to a crash which left a woman in a serious condition in hospital.
The 26-year-old pedestrian was on Commercial Road, Shadwell at around 9.10am yesterday (Monday, February 17) when she was hit by a red Ford Mustang.
She was taken to the Royal London Hospital where she remains in a serious condition. Her family have been informed.
The driver of the car, a 27-year-old man, was arrested at the scene on suspicion of dangerous driving and has since been released under investigation.
Officers investigating the incident - which took place between the junctions with Sutton Street and Devonport Street - are appealing for witnesses and people with dash cam footage to come forward.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information is asked to contact 101 or 020 8597 4874, quoting CAD 1771/17Feb20.
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 4 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 5 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 6 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 7 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 8 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 9 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 10 Pressure on government to provide laptops for lockdown learning