Cops appeal for witnesses after man shot in head in Bromley-by-Bow
Police are appealing for witnesses as a man fights for his life in hospital after being shot in the head by masked men.
Cops found the 42-year-old man in an underpass under flats at the junction of Knapp Road and Rounton Road in Bromley-by-Bow around 10.20pm on Friday night.
He had been shot several times, including in the head.
London Air Ambulance were also at the scene and the man was taken to hospital where his condition is described as critical but stable.
A police statement said: “At this stage it appears the victim was riding a bicycle in Rounton Road when two male suspects armed with handguns opened fire, shooting him in the head.
You may also want to watch:
“The males, described as black or Asian and wearing face coverings, then made off towards Knapp Road and got into a car. We retain an open mind as to motive at this stage.
Officers are appealing for anyone with information is to contact the Trident north shootings team on 020 8217 7377 or Crimestopppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Tyrese Omotoye impresses on O's trial as Ouss Cisse looks set to depart
- 2 Tower Hamlets stages Covid jab festival
- 3 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 4 Vigil for June Harvey one year on from Bow crane tragedy
- 5 From Shoreditch to Las Vegas: New bingo hall for Hackney
- 6 'Vexatious charges': MP turns on accusers after acquittal in fraud trial
- 7 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 8 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 9 Mum plans to use Raine's Foundation site for new East Park church school
- 10 Campaigners oppose plans to change voting system for Tower Hamlets mayor