Cops appeal for witnesses after man shot in head in Bromley-by-Bow
Police are appealing for witnesses as a man fights for his life in hospital after being shot in the head by masked men.
Cops found the 42-year-old man in an underpass under flats at the junction of Knapp Road and Rounton Road in Bromley-by-Bow around 10.20pm on Friday night.
He had been shot several times, including in the head.
London Air Ambulance were also at the scene and the man was taken to hospital where his condition is described as critical but stable.
A police statement said: “At this stage it appears the victim was riding a bicycle in Rounton Road when two male suspects armed with handguns opened fire, shooting him in the head.
You may also want to watch:
“The males, described as black or Asian and wearing face coverings, then made off towards Knapp Road and got into a car. We retain an open mind as to motive at this stage.
Officers are appealing for anyone with information is to contact the Trident north shootings team on 020 8217 7377 or Crimestopppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Tackling Covid blamed for yet more threats to public services
- 2 Politicians join forces on referendum about Tower Hamlets mayor
- 3 Windows smashed in Extinction Rebellion protest at Canary Wharf bank HQ
- 4 Man, 19, stabbed in Stepney Green Park
- 5 Meeting ex-banker London mayoral candidate Brian Rose
- 6 Shoppers queue for bread on opening weekend of new Wapping street market
- 7 Cyclist in critical condition after 'serious collision' in Bow
- 8 Jailed: Teenagers who left victim blind in one eye after train stabbing
- 9 Refugee fighting £2,850 claim in lettings agency dispute
- 10 Canary Wharf floats idea for new green restaurant on water