Cops appeal for witnesses after man shot in head in Bromley-by-Bow
Police are appealing for witnesses as a man fights for his life in hospital after being shot in the head by masked men.
Cops found the 42-year-old man in an underpass under flats at the junction of Knapp Road and Rounton Road in Bromley-by-Bow around 10.20pm on Friday night.
He had been shot several times, including in the head.
London Air Ambulance were also at the scene and the man was taken to hospital where his condition is described as critical but stable.
A police statement said: “At this stage it appears the victim was riding a bicycle in Rounton Road when two male suspects armed with handguns opened fire, shooting him in the head.
You may also want to watch:
“The males, described as black or Asian and wearing face coverings, then made off towards Knapp Road and got into a car. We retain an open mind as to motive at this stage.
Officers are appealing for anyone with information is to contact the Trident north shootings team on 020 8217 7377 or Crimestopppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Luxury Canary Wharf flats going for lower rent set by the council
- 2 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 3 Isle of Dogs man who murdered teenager at Crossharbour DLR sentenced to 27 years
- 4 Man charged after triple stabbing on night bus in Mile End
- 5 Go-ahead given for 315 more homes in third stage of Blackwall Reach scheme
- 6 'Grief and queer coming of age' theatre show to be put on for London Horror Festival
- 7 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 8 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 9 Why TfL won't restart the night tube on Jubilee line just yet
- 10 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences