Cops release CCTV image of Bow rape suspect
POLICE hunting a suspected rapist who forced his way into his victim’s home have today released a CCTV image of the man they are looking for.
A 23-year-old man was raped in his own home in Tredegar Terrace in Bow when his attacker forced his way into the house after ringing the front door bell.
Once inside the attacker put his hands around his victim’s neck, performed a sex act on him and then raped him.
The attack lasted about 20 minutes before the victim managed to run into his flatmate’s bedroom.
The suspect then left, stealing �100 in cash.
You may also want to watch:
Nine days later the victim was working at a club in Soho when the suspect entered by coincidence. He quickly left but was captured on CCTV at the club.
The suspect is described as black, with a London accent, about 28 and 5ft 7ins with a shaved head, stubble and a muscular build.
- 1 Beer gardens reopening with face masks, sanitisers and cobblestones
- 2 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 3 Jailed: drug dealer who rammed police with stolen car to escape
- 4 Mother and son taken to hospital during "severe" fire in Bow
- 5 Hundreds of customers descend on reopened retailers
- 6 Boxpark reopening in Shoreditch with face masks and Covid hygiene measures
- 7 New street market coming to Docklands is Will's passion
- 8 Here's why people stay longer in the East End despite the crime
- 9 East End pays tribute to Prince Philip
- 10 Housing protest at Shadwell's Watney Market over service charges hike
Cops are appealing for anyone with information or who recognises the man to contact officers at the Met’s sex crime unit Operation Sapphire on 0207 275 3491 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.