Couple arrested after Pc is assaulted at address in Mile End
- Credit: Google
A couple were arrested at Mile End late last night after police were called to a disturbance reported at a house in Coburn Street.
The arrests follow an alleged assault on a police officer at the address, Scotland Yard confirmed today.
Neighbours reported hearing “hysterical screaming” from a woman.
“You could hear a man trying to calm her down, but she wouldn’t stop,” a neighbour told the East London Advertiser.
“About four or five police cars arrived after a few minutes. Officers sprinted into the house. An ambulance also turned up.
You may also want to watch:
“There were a lot of neighbours out on the street in their bare feet watching.”
Police arrived in the quiet turning off Coborn Road, near the Morgan Arms pub, at around 10pm “following concerns for the welfare of an occupant”.
- 1 Tower Hamlets stages Covid jab festival
- 2 Tyrese Omotoye impresses on O's trial as Ouss Cisse looks set to depart
- 3 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 4 From Shoreditch to Las Vegas: New bingo hall for Hackney
- 5 Campaigners oppose plans to change voting system for Tower Hamlets mayor
- 6 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 7 Vigil for June Harvey one year on from Bow crane tragedy
- 8 'Vexatious charges': MP turns on accusers after acquittal in fraud trial
- 9 Leyton Orient boss Kenny Jackett pleased with pre-season preparations
- 10 Win a pair of Carabao Cup tickets to Leyton Orient vs Queens Park Rangers
They spoke to a man and woman who were subsequently arrested after an officer was alleged to have been assaulted, according to Scotland Yard. Police are continuing investigations into the incident.