Couple arrested after Pc is assaulted at address in Mile End
- Credit: Google
A couple were arrested at Mile End late last night after police were called to a disturbance reported at a house in Coburn Street.
The arrests follow an alleged assault on a police officer at the address, Scotland Yard confirmed today.
Neighbours reported hearing “hysterical screaming” from a woman.
“You could hear a man trying to calm her down, but she wouldn’t stop,” a neighbour told the East London Advertiser.
“About four or five police cars arrived after a few minutes. Officers sprinted into the house. An ambulance also turned up.
You may also want to watch:
“There were a lot of neighbours out on the street in their bare feet watching.”
Police arrived in the quiet turning off Coborn Road, near the Morgan Arms pub, at around 10pm “following concerns for the welfare of an occupant”.
- 1 Man, 19, stabbed in Stepney Green Park
- 2 Refugee fighting £2,850 claim in lettings agency dispute
- 3 Cyclist in critical condition after 'serious collision' in Bow
- 4 Shoppers queue for bread on opening weekend of new Wapping street market
- 5 Jailed: Teenagers who left victim blind in one eye after train stabbing
- 6 Canary Wharf floats idea for new green restaurant on water
- 7 Leyton Orient still not at the level top sides are says boss Jobi McAnuff
- 8 New street market coming to Docklands is Will's passion
- 9 Patient group set up over allegations of 'poor care' at Royal London
- 10 'Hold still while I ink your portrait for Captain Tom challenge'
They spoke to a man and woman who were subsequently arrested after an officer was alleged to have been assaulted, according to Scotland Yard. Police are continuing investigations into the incident.