Couple arrested after Pc is assaulted at address in Mile End
- Credit: Google
A couple were arrested at Mile End late last night after police were called to a disturbance reported at a house in Coburn Street.
The arrests follow an alleged assault on a police officer at the address, Scotland Yard confirmed today.
Neighbours reported hearing “hysterical screaming” from a woman.
“You could hear a man trying to calm her down, but she wouldn’t stop,” a neighbour told the East London Advertiser.
“About four or five police cars arrived after a few minutes. Officers sprinted into the house. An ambulance also turned up.
You may also want to watch:
“There were a lot of neighbours out on the street in their bare feet watching.”
Police arrived in the quiet turning off Coborn Road, near the Morgan Arms pub, at around 10pm “following concerns for the welfare of an occupant”.
- 1 Luxury Canary Wharf flats going for lower rent set by the council
- 2 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 3 Fines totalling £361k handed to East End landlords and agents
- 4 Isle of Dogs man who murdered teenager at Crossharbour DLR sentenced to 27 years
- 5 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 6 Barts Health NHS Trust reports one of lowest rates of vaccinated staff
- 7 Capacity at West Ham's London stadium to increase to 62,500
- 8 Man charged after triple stabbing on night bus in Mile End
- 9 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 10 Building new tower block starts on Limehouse Triangle 'wildlife site'
They spoke to a man and woman who were subsequently arrested after an officer was alleged to have been assaulted, according to Scotland Yard. Police are continuing investigations into the incident.