Revealed: Where the 1,132 crashes happened in Tower Hamlets last year
- Credit: Archant
The most dangerous roads and junctions in Tower Hamlets have been revealed thanks to figures showing the location of every crash last year.
According to Department for Transport data, which was released on Tuesday and covers crashes reported to police during 2018, the number of incidents in Tower Hamlets rose from 1,121 in 2017 to 1,132 in 2018.
A significant number of crashes were recorded along Mile End Road and Commercial Road, especially in the Whitechapel section of both roads. The A12 junctions in Bow and Poplar also featured highly.
Other locations includ the junction of Bethnal Green Road and Cambridge Heath Road, and the junction of Mile End Road and Burdett Road.
Of the 1,132 crashes recorded last year, two were fatal, 155 were serious and 975 recorded as slight.
You may also want to watch:
The number of crashes on the borough's roads has risen annually since 2014, when there were 1,044 incidents recorded.
- 1 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 2 Nine Tower Hamlets secondary schools rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 3 Ice cream parlour with 'no added sugar' to open in Canary Wharf
- 4 Leyton Orient boss Jackett full of praise for Sotiriou after Magpies win
- 5 MP reported ex-husband to police for alleged 'harassment', trial hears
- 6 Poplar MP tells court: 'I fled home when brother said I was possessed'
- 7 Fire Brigade deluged with calls for help as floods sweep east London
- 8 Apsana Begum's ex-husband may be behind housing bids, trial hears
- 9 'Set deadline to remove cladding,' Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 10 Man arrested following triple stabbing in Isle of Dogs