Crimestoppers offer reward after thieves snatch kids’ Xmas presents at Gt Ormond St
A reward is being offered tonight (Weds) for information leading to the arrest and conviction of those responsible for the theft of children’s Christmas presents from London’s Great Ormond Street Hospital.
Heartless thieves made off with 20 presents bought from the children’s hospital charity fund which were taken from a non-public area of the building between Friday (Dec 14) and Sunday.
The presents included portable DVD players, DVDs, Nintendo DS games consoles, games and toys.
“It’s a sad state of affairs when presents are stolen from sick children, many fighting for their lives,” said Crimestoppers’ London regional boss Regan Hook. “I’m shocked that some individuals would stoop to such lows and steal from children in need.”
The charity is offering up to �2,000 for information that leads to arrest and conviction.
You may also want to watch:
It is appealing for anyone with information to contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800-555111, or through its secure online form at www.crimestoppers-uk.org, but stresses that rewards only qualify through the ‘0800’ call line.
- 1 Leyton Orient confident next manager will take them to the next level
- 2 Leyton Orient reportedly down to final three candidates
- 3 Man, 20, found fighting for life at illegal rave in Bow
- 4 Fire breaks out in flat near New Providence Wharf tower block
- 5 South Africa and Indian Covid variants found in Shoreditch and Dalston
- 6 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 7 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 8 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 9 Dog festival gets go-ahead for Isle of Dogs, of all places
- 10 Covid-19 mass testing after variant detected in E1 postal area