Crimestoppers offer reward after thieves snatch kids’ Xmas presents at Gt Ormond St
A reward is being offered tonight (Weds) for information leading to the arrest and conviction of those responsible for the theft of children’s Christmas presents from London’s Great Ormond Street Hospital.
Heartless thieves made off with 20 presents bought from the children’s hospital charity fund which were taken from a non-public area of the building between Friday (Dec 14) and Sunday.
The presents included portable DVD players, DVDs, Nintendo DS games consoles, games and toys.
“It’s a sad state of affairs when presents are stolen from sick children, many fighting for their lives,” said Crimestoppers’ London regional boss Regan Hook. “I’m shocked that some individuals would stoop to such lows and steal from children in need.”
The charity is offering up to �2,000 for information that leads to arrest and conviction.
You may also want to watch:
It is appealing for anyone with information to contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800-555111, or through its secure online form at www.crimestoppers-uk.org, but stresses that rewards only qualify through the ‘0800’ call line.
- 1 Poplar MP tells court: 'I fled home when brother said I was possessed'
- 2 Leyton Orient boss Jackett full of praise for Sotiriou after Magpies win
- 3 Ice cream parlour with 'no added sugar' to open in Canary Wharf
- 4 Fire Brigade deluged with calls for help as floods sweep east London
- 5 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 6 Nine Tower Hamlets secondary schools rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 7 MP reported ex-husband to police for alleged 'harassment', trial hears
- 8 Apsana Begum's ex-husband may be behind housing bids, trial hears
- 9 Community patrols to stamp out Poplar's street crime
- 10 'Set deadline to remove cladding,' Tower Hamlets mayor urges