Crimewatch appeal for information after shooting of Russian businessman on the Isle of Dogs
Police will make an appeal for information on the shooting of Russian businessman German Gorbuntsov through Crimewatch on Thursday evening.
Mr Gorbuntsov was shot six times as he entered a block of flats in Byng Street on the Isle of Dogs on March 20.
Speaking from hospital, he will tell the programme: “They found six bullets inside me. I was badly injured and badly affected, “My future is uncertain. The worst feeling is that guy shot me and ran away and probably thought that he had killed me.
“I have serious internal damage to my body. I still have not seen a single doctor who’s absolutely convinced I will be fine,” he added.
The perpetrator remains at large, and is described as white, six feet tall and of slim build.
You may also want to watch:
Detective Chief Inspector Russell Taylor, who is leading the investigation, said: “We are continuing to examine CCTV footage from the area and are keen to speak with anyone who may have been in the Byng Street area shortly before or after.”
The prgramme, which will feature a reconstruction of the incident, will air at 9pm on Thursday evening.
- 1 Tackling Covid blamed for yet more threats to public services
- 2 Politicians join forces on referendum about Tower Hamlets mayor
- 3 Windows smashed in Extinction Rebellion protest at Canary Wharf bank HQ
- 4 Man, 19, stabbed in Stepney Green Park
- 5 Meeting ex-banker London mayoral candidate Brian Rose
- 6 Shoppers queue for bread on opening weekend of new Wapping street market
- 7 Cyclist in critical condition after 'serious collision' in Bow
- 8 Refugee fighting £2,850 claim in lettings agency dispute
- 9 Jailed: Teenagers who left victim blind in one eye after train stabbing
- 10 Canary Wharf floats idea for new green restaurant on water