Crimewatch appeal for information after shooting of Russian businessman on the Isle of Dogs
Police will make an appeal for information on the shooting of Russian businessman German Gorbuntsov through Crimewatch on Thursday evening.
Mr Gorbuntsov was shot six times as he entered a block of flats in Byng Street on the Isle of Dogs on March 20.
Speaking from hospital, he will tell the programme: “They found six bullets inside me. I was badly injured and badly affected, “My future is uncertain. The worst feeling is that guy shot me and ran away and probably thought that he had killed me.
“I have serious internal damage to my body. I still have not seen a single doctor who’s absolutely convinced I will be fine,” he added.
The perpetrator remains at large, and is described as white, six feet tall and of slim build.
Detective Chief Inspector Russell Taylor, who is leading the investigation, said: “We are continuing to examine CCTV footage from the area and are keen to speak with anyone who may have been in the Byng Street area shortly before or after.”
The prgramme, which will feature a reconstruction of the incident, will air at 9pm on Thursday evening.
- 1 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 2 Liveable Streets: Councillors remove some Brick Lane closures after 'backlash'
- 3 Housing association apologises after sewage leaks at Isle of Dogs tower blocks
- 4 Single van racks up £36k of fines in Tower Hamlets
- 5 East London man charged with six terrorism offences
- 6 When are Royal Mail's last posting dates for Christmas 2021?
- 7 Man masturbates on Central line train in front of two women
- 8 Leyton Orient could send goalkeeper Sargeant back out on loan
- 9 County lines drug dealer jailed
- 10 Trio accused of Bow Lock murder were 'associates' of victim 'Aqil' Mahdi