Cyclist who died in Holborn this week is 54-year-old man from Poplar
A cyclist who died in a collision with a lorry in central London is a 54-year-old man from Poplar.
The man who died following a collision with a lorry in Holborn on Monday has been named as Alan Neve. Next of kin have been informed.
London Ambulance Service and London’s Air Ambulance attended, along with police who were called around 9.25am. But Mr Neve was pronounced dead at the scene.
The driver of the tipper lorry, a 51-year-old man, was arrested on suspicion of causing death by carless driving and taken into custody at a north London police station. He was later bailed to return on a date in mid October.
A post mortem examination has taken place and officers wait to find out the cause of death.
You may also want to watch:
An inquest has been scheduled to open at St Pancras Coroner’s Court on Monday (July 28).
Traffic officers are continuing to appeal for witnesses. Any witness or anyone with any information should call the RDIU witness line on 020 8998 5319.
- 1 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 2 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 3 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 4 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 5 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 6 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 7 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 8 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 9 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 10 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided