Cyclist who died in Holborn this week is 54-year-old man from Poplar
A cyclist who died in a collision with a lorry in central London is a 54-year-old man from Poplar.
The man who died following a collision with a lorry in Holborn on Monday has been named as Alan Neve. Next of kin have been informed.
London Ambulance Service and London’s Air Ambulance attended, along with police who were called around 9.25am. But Mr Neve was pronounced dead at the scene.
The driver of the tipper lorry, a 51-year-old man, was arrested on suspicion of causing death by carless driving and taken into custody at a north London police station. He was later bailed to return on a date in mid October.
A post mortem examination has taken place and officers wait to find out the cause of death.
You may also want to watch:
An inquest has been scheduled to open at St Pancras Coroner’s Court on Monday (July 28).
Traffic officers are continuing to appeal for witnesses. Any witness or anyone with any information should call the RDIU witness line on 020 8998 5319.
- 1 Transfer round-up: Leyton Orient bring in eight as departures find new clubs
- 2 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure
- 3 Man stabbed outside West India Quay DLR station
- 4 Data reveals house price rises in Olympic boroughs since London 2012
- 5 Police chief to be quizzed at East London Mosque
- 6 Campaigners taking on town hall to keep Isle of Dogs youth club open
- 7 Somali kitchen in Bethnal Green gets halal help from Amazon staff
- 8 Leyton Orient could be without key forwards for season opener at Salford
- 9 Tokyo 2020: Poplar children have their own 'Olympics'
- 10 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?