‘Dangerous’ missing psychiatric patient wanted after widow, 92, robbed in Hoxton
- Credit: Archant
A man missing from the John Howard Centre in Hackney is wanted by police in connection with the violent robbery of an elderly woman in Nuttall Street last Tuesday.
Detectives released shocking footage of the attack in the bid to catch her attacker, who dragged her along the ground, and now they would like to speak to Sanchez Edwards, 28.
He was a patient at the medium security facility from January 2016, and was later convicted of an assault on a hospital staff member.
Edwards was receiving treatment for paranoid schizophrenia until he failed to return from unescorted leave on May 17 2017.
Detective Inspector Paul Ridley described him as “a dangerous man with a strong history of violence”.
He asked for the public’s help in locating Edwards, who has a history of drug abuse and may be using public transport to get around,
However, DI Ridley stressed; “If you see Edwards then do not approach him but immediately call 999 or alert a nearby police officer.”
Edwards is described as a 5ft 9ins tall black man of medium build. He has short black hair and a black beard,
- 1 Bow man charged with drugs supply and criminal property offences
- 2 Jailed: Man who robbed and blackmailed men he met on Grindr
- 3 East London boroughs lag behind rest of country for Covid booster uptake
- 4 Councillor says he 'hopes to lose' next election
- 5 Ranjith Kankanamalage death: Man charged with murder
- 6 Gun found in car as Met makes 130 arrests during drugs op
- 7 Jailed: Rapist who repeatedly attacked woman in her own home
- 8 ‘Manhattanisation’ of Isle of Dogs concerns residents
- 9 Lib Dem candidate for Tower Hamlets mayor announced
- 10 Leyton Orient boss Jackett looks at positives from Port Vale point
Anyone with details of Sanchez Edwards whereabouts is asked to contact Hackney CID via 101 or via Twitter @metcc quoting operation name “Brunton”.
To give information anonymously call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or visit crimestoppers-uk.org