David Adegbite shooting: Two more arrests by murder detectives at Barking
- Credit: MPS
Detectives investigating the fatal shooting of 18-year-old David Adegbite in Barking have made two further arrests, Scotland Yard said last night.
A 22-year-old man was arrested on Monday in connection with the shooting who has been given police bail, and a 26-year-old was arrested the next day on suspicion of assisting an offender who remains in custody.
A 20-year-old had already been arrested who has been bailed to late May.
The murder investigation follows Sunday’s shooting at St Ann’s, just off Barking town centre.
Police and an ambulance crew found 18-year-old David Adegbite with a gunshot wound to the head at around 7pm. Firearms officers were called to the scene.
You may also want to watch:
David was rushed to hospital, but died some three hours later. A post-mortem examination at Queens Hospital Mortuary on Tuesday gave cause of death as a gunshot wound.
Police are appealing for witnesses or anyone with information to contact the incident room on 020-8345 3715, or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800-555111.
- 1 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 2 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 3 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 4 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 5 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 6 Streets around proposed Chinese embassy building could be renamed after persecuted Muslims
- 7 No injuries but 20 rescued as firefighters tackle Limehouse blaze
- 8 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests
- 9 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt