David Adegbite shooting: Two more arrests by murder detectives at Barking
- Credit: MPS
Detectives investigating the fatal shooting of 18-year-old David Adegbite in Barking have made two further arrests, Scotland Yard said last night.
A 22-year-old man was arrested on Monday in connection with the shooting who has been given police bail, and a 26-year-old was arrested the next day on suspicion of assisting an offender who remains in custody.
A 20-year-old had already been arrested who has been bailed to late May.
The murder investigation follows Sunday’s shooting at St Ann’s, just off Barking town centre.
Police and an ambulance crew found 18-year-old David Adegbite with a gunshot wound to the head at around 7pm. Firearms officers were called to the scene.
You may also want to watch:
David was rushed to hospital, but died some three hours later. A post-mortem examination at Queens Hospital Mortuary on Tuesday gave cause of death as a gunshot wound.
Police are appealing for witnesses or anyone with information to contact the incident room on 020-8345 3715, or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800-555111.
- 1 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 2 Why some families can't leave Bow's 'dangerous structure' tower block
- 3 Man found stabbed on board night bus
- 4 Two hospitalised as 60 firefighters tackle blaze in Stratford
- 5 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 6 Trees planted to remember people who died of Covid in the East End
- 7 Fast food! Lewis Hamilton-backed chain opening east London branches
- 8 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 9 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 10 O's will need a much improved display against leaders Forest Green