David Adegbite shooting: Two more arrests by murder detectives at Barking
- Credit: MPS
Detectives investigating the fatal shooting of 18-year-old David Adegbite in Barking have made two further arrests, Scotland Yard said last night.
A 22-year-old man was arrested on Monday in connection with the shooting who has been given police bail, and a 26-year-old was arrested the next day on suspicion of assisting an offender who remains in custody.
A 20-year-old had already been arrested who has been bailed to late May.
The murder investigation follows Sunday’s shooting at St Ann’s, just off Barking town centre.
Police and an ambulance crew found 18-year-old David Adegbite with a gunshot wound to the head at around 7pm. Firearms officers were called to the scene.
You may also want to watch:
David was rushed to hospital, but died some three hours later. A post-mortem examination at Queens Hospital Mortuary on Tuesday gave cause of death as a gunshot wound.
Police are appealing for witnesses or anyone with information to contact the incident room on 020-8345 3715, or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800-555111.
- 1 Trial date set for MP Apsana Begum charged with 'housing fraud'
- 2 Tributes paid after Tower Hamlets councillor dies at 40
- 3 Friends of John Pierce compiling 'book of memories' for his family
- 4 Trees now up for 'adoption' to help make East End greener
- 5 Docklands man pleads guilty to firearms offences
- 6 Police renew appeal over disappearance of man last seen in Poplar
- 7 Man 'brandishes gun' in busy Canary Wharf restaurant
- 8 Delta variant accounts for majority of Covid cases in much of east London
- 9 Queen's Birthday Honours: Caterer who gave out free meals gets BEM
- 10 Plans mooted to change East End MP constituency boundaries